Low progesterone in women - causes low progesterone and treatment
Low levels of progesterone in women
The hormone can also be found in the male body,But in the fair sex it performs vital functions: puberty, control of fetal pregnancy during pregnancy and improvement of the body during a long menopause.
The low amount of progesterone in the body leads to irreversible consequences, among which the following problems can be distinguished:
- Formation of bleeding sites in the uterus;
- Severe forms of menstruation;
- Malfunctions in the work of the menstrual cycle;
- Risk of infertility.
A woman with a low level of this hormone exposesYour body is in serious danger. She should consult a doctor and take a course of hormone treatment. This is the only way to normalize the level of progesterone and restore the maternal functions of the body.
Causes of decreased progesterone
The reasons can be very different. The main group of reasons is related to the following changes in the life of a woman:
- Disturbance of the ovaries;
- Frequent depression and stressful situations;
- Resorption of progesterone and lack of internal production;
- Anorexia and abuse of exhausting diets;
- Excess physical activity.
Attention! If you find at least a few of the following symptoms, do not delay the visit to the doctor.
Symptoms with low levels of progesterone:
- Violation of the menstrual cycle;
- Impossibility of conceiving a child or miscarriage of a fetus;
- A sharp increase in body weight;
- Problems with sleep and headaches;
- Uncontrolled depression;
- Temporary frigidity;
- Violation of water-salt balance and frequent heartburn;
- Fibrocystic mastopathy.
Symptoms of insufficient progesterone require assistance from specialists. Signs of a malfunction in the hormonal environment speak of problems throughout the body, and not just about small female ailments.
The causes of a decrease in progesterone in pregnancy
During pregnancy, a parturient child is observedElevated level of steroid hormone. The peak phase occurs in the third month of bearing the fetus. In these conditions, the correct calculation of the level of hormones should occur taking into account the coming trimester.
The effect of progesterone on the body of a young mother during pregnancy:
- Prepares for the contact of the fetal egg with the uterus;
- Improves blood flow to the uterus and its overall development;
- Reduces the risk of miscarriage and premature birth;
- Protects the embryo at an early stage in the mother's body;
- Controls the production of milk in the mammary glands of the parturient woman;
- Saturates the tissues from stretching during childbirth;
- Supports the work of cardiovascular muscles.
With a low level of progesterone, the following negative consequences are possible:
- Miscarriage of a child.
- Birth of a premature baby with developmental abnormalities.
- Delay in the timing of the birth of a child.
- Problems with breastfeeding.
- Constant vomiting, attacks of nausea and heaviness in the abdomen.
- Decreased immune cells and increased risk of disease.
In all the above casesA representative of the weaker sex may need medical help, and in some cases even hospitalization. Therefore, it is necessary to take care of increasing hormones by natural methods.
Hormonal therapy - helping women to increase the number of active hormones in pregnancy. Vitamins are available in the form of capsules, nutrient formulations, injections and vaginal preparations.