The lower abdomen and lower back ache: what can it be? Why does the abdomen and lower back hurt men and women?
Pain in the lower back and lower abdomenAppear when contact irritation of nerve endings (receptors) of internal organs due to tumors, injuries, inflammatory processes, scar deformities, adhesions. Pain can be concentrated in the area of the affected organ or spread beyond its anatomical projection. When the stomach or belly and a loin hurts, independently to put the correct diagnosis it is unreal. Practicing neurologists say: if the back is hurting, the whole body is involved in the process, therefore, if there is an alarming symptomatology, you should immediately consult a doctor, be examined and undergo a course of treatment.
Anatomy of the abdominal region
Topographically, the lower abdomen unites the site from the navel to the pubic articulation, the borders to the left and to the right are inguinal folds and iliac bones.
Organs in the lower abdomen:
- Above the pubis: the bladder, the uterus; In men - the vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate gland;
- In the groin: part of the ureters, inguinal canals; In women - ovaries;
- In the navel zone: small intestine, transverse colon;
- On the left - sigmoid and descending colon; On the right - a cecum with an appendix and an ascending colon.
The diffuse pain in the lower back indicatesPeritonitis, perforation of the gastric wall, intestine or gallbladder, intestinal obstruction. Migrating pain to the lower abdomen is typical for renal colic and kidney pathologies. Very rarely, tenderness is observed with myocardial infarction. The dissecting aortic aneurysm and the blockage of the intestinal arteries provoke an extremely sharp and severe pain syndrome.
The lower abdomen and lower back ache - what can it be?
The back pain is a sign of manyPathological processes. It can differ significantly in intensity and character (noctuid, blunt, burning, pulling, sharp) and appear due to various reasons.
- Glomerulonephritis (defeat of kidney tangles). The waist and lower abdomen are constantly worn, the process proceeds in both kidneys simultaneously, accompanied by increased blood pressure and swelling;
- Renal cysts. They show themselves a moderate pain in the abdomen and lower back. As the cyst grows, it squeezes the kidney, causing its atrophy and kidney failure;
- Pyelonephritis (inflammation of the renal pelvis). Pain syndrome is combined with a rise in body temperature, a violation of urination, headache, a disorder of consciousness;
- Paranephritis (inflammation of the perineal tissue). It pulls the bottom of the abdomen and hurts the lower back, there is a pain in the extension / flexion of the hip joint;
- Decay of tumors / kidney trauma. Conjugated in the abdominal cavity malignant neoplasm with metastasis towards the spine causes pain in the abdomen, back, waist. If the tumor develops in the lower part of the spine, pain sensations are given to the pelvic region.
- stones in the kidneys. Smooth, rounded concrements of small size (up to 5 millimeters) come out independently, large stones with sharp edges are removed operatively. During passage through the ureter, renal colic occurs, characterized by severe pain, comparable in strength to labor contractions.
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
- osteoporosis. Typical symptomatology is the deformation of the structure of the column of the spine, which causes pain in the lower back and abdomen;
- Osteochondrosis. Pain in the abdomen, giving in the lumbar region, are fixed against the background of a malfunction of the genitourinary system and a decrease in the sensitivity of the lower limbs;
- arthritis. Minor soreness in the lower abdomen and lower back, having a paroxysmal character and overtaking the patient in the morning;
- Pathology of the hip joint: acquired (coxarthrosis), congenital (dysplasia) disorders of the anatomical structure, intraarticular fractures;
- Inflammation of the back muscles, herniated intervertebralDiscs, mechanical injuries, radiculitis. Pain in the lower back and abdomen sharp, "shoot", irradiating in the groin, crotch, legs. There is a decrease in skin sensitivity, less often paralysis of the lower extremities.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
With ZPPP pulls the lower abdomen and lower back. Constant pains are felt in the inguinal zone, above the pubis, they are given to the inner thighs. The degree of their intensity depends on the stage of inflammation, is associated with an increase in the amount of vaginal discharge / urethra. Specific cystitis / urethritis is accompanied by burning in the bladder and urethra during urination. When the inflammation passes to the genitals, kidneys and ureter, the pain in the lower abdomen is significantly increased due to infection of the pelvic nerve plexus (plexitis) and fiber around the uterus (perimetritis).
- Chronic insomnia, stress;
- Prolonged psychoemotional stress;
- Relapsing anxious depression / depressive episode.
The lower abdomen and lower back hurt women - the reasons
Pain in the lower back and lower abdomen in women is diagnosed much more often than in men. 75-80% of abdominal pains are directly related to gynecological abnormalities, pregnancy, menstrual cycle:
- Endometritis. The pain is permanent, tends to increase in the period of menstruation, in 50% of cases are accompanied by dizziness and vomiting;
- Pelvioperitonitis (inflammation of the pelvic floor of the pelvis). Sharp pain in the lower abdomen, giving in the lower back, which is combined with fever, liquid stool, nausea;
- ovarian cyst. It is manifested by intense aching pain in the lower abdomen, vomiting, nausea, high fever;
- Apoplexy of the ovary. Bleeding after rupture of the follicle with the egg occurs after sex / severe physical exertion. Symptoms: vomiting, nausea, severe back pain, weakness, unconsciousness;
- ectopic pregnancy. Dangerous condition, which is fraught with rupture of the fallopian tube. It is accompanied by a pain in the lower abdomen, which increases with movement;
- Torsion of the cyst legs / rupture of the ovary. Drawing persistent pain in the lower back and lower abdomen against a high temperature (up to 39 degrees), nausea, vomiting;
- menstruation. The pain is cramping due to active uterine contractions and dilatation of the cervical canal.
The bottom of the abdomen and the lower back of a man aches - the causes
Pain in the lower back and abdomen in men most oftenTestifies to the diseases of the organs of the reproductive system - seminal vesicles and prostate gland, less often - about common pathologies (acute appendicitis, urethritis, renal colic, sigmoid colon injury):
- prostatitis. Pain syndrome with prostatitis is localized in the area of projection of the prostate gland - perineum, extending to the rectum and bladder, provoking functional malfunctions of their activity (liquid stool, painful urination). Aching pain in the lumbar region is enviable constancy - it lasts continuously until the prostate has taken its original dimensions. Chronicle of the process leads to erectile dysfunction, irritability, depression, decreased efficiency, premature ejaculation;
- Vesiculitis (inflammation of seminal vesicles). It develops as a complication of urethritis, prostatitis, epidemiditis. The pain is concentrated in the lower abdomen, lower back, suprapubic zone, gaining intensity with a full bladder, accompanied by increased sexual excitability, fever, frequent erections. The chronic course of vesiculitis leads to sexual dysfunction and infertility.
If the lower abdomen and lower back ache,Go to a doctor and undergo a complete examination, including ultrasound of the pelvic organs, x-ray of the lumbosacral spine, endoscopy of the bladder and gastrointestinal tract. If acute pain occurs that does not liquefy analgesics, it is necessary to urgently call an ambulance.