Pregnancy after birth control: the probability of pregnancy, infertility. Is it easy to get pregnant after birth control?
Cancellation of contraceptive pills: what happens to the body
The timing of recovery of ovulation after taking OKAre individual for each woman. It depends on the health and type of hormonal contraceptives that were used to prevent conception. In some cases, the resumption of ovulation and the cycle occurs in a month, in 80% of cases with systematic vaginal contacts, pregnancy occurs within a year. If after 12 months after stopping taking hormonal tablets ovulation is not available, you need to consult a gynecologist for advice to exclude the pathology of the reproductive system.
Contraceptive and infertility
Can oral contraceptives cause infertility? No, on the contrary, hormonal drugs are included in the regimens of infertility treatment. They are able to restore fertility after abandoning contraceptives, causing a "rebound-effect" and correcting the hormonal imbalance, which is often the cause of infertility.
Pregnancy on the background of taking hormonal contraceptives
Modern OK are safe, effective, differentA minimal set of side effects and complications, provide 99% of contraceptive reliability. 100% protection from unwanted pregnancy can guarantee only sterilization, therefore, the possibility of conception can not be completely ruled out even with regular and correct intake of birth control pills.
Causes of pregnancy when taking OK:
- Inadequate selection of tablets. Oral contraceptives should be prescribed by a specialist taking into account the effectiveness of the selected drug, its tolerability, possible side reactions. Some pathological conditions with OC can be aggravated, others may become dysfunctional, because, in addition to the profile effect, the contraceptive pill has a therapeutic effect in many gynecological diseases: dysfunctional uterine bleeding, PMS, endometriosis, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, hormonal infertility;
- Wrong reception of tablets. The most common cause of pregnancy when taking contraceptives is a regime failure. Categorically you can not skip the planned pill, increase the break between packages, skip the last tablet. During the reception of tablets, you should monitor blood sugar and every 2 months have a checkup with a gynecologist.
- Diarrhea / vomiting. Hormones that enter the body 1-2 hours before vomiting, are absorbed worse, which significantly reduces the contraceptive effect of the drug;
- Taking other medications. Many drugs (antibiotics) level the effectiveness of contraceptives, so before starting treatment should consult a gynecologist;
- Reception of herbs / dietary supplements.
Signs of pregnancy when taking OK:
- Increased sensitivity of mammary glands, pain in the chest;
- Vomiting and nausea;
- Change in taste preferences.
Planning pregnancy after hormonal contraception cancellation
If after taking OC for several yearsThe woman wished to have a child, should cancel the drug and do not use any other methods of protection for a while. It is recommended not to become pregnant within 3 cycles after refusing contraceptives to give the reproductive system complete recovery. This is due to the fact that during the intake of hormonal tablets in the body, the concentration of folic acid decreases, the deficit of which can lead to a complicated course of pregnancy and cause fetal development anomalies (neural tube defect, spina bifida). Gynecologists recommend to plan pregnancy in 1-3 months after stopping oral contraceptives, use preparations containing folic acid (Yarina, Jess).