The pain around the navel: the reasons that it can be? Pain around the navel in a child, in a woman
Pain around the navel in 80% of cases occursDue to the defeat of the stomach and duodenum, the remaining 20% are: parasitic / helminthic invasions, diseases of the thick and small intestine, pancreas, kidneys. When it hurts around the navel, the cause of the ailment can be very serious, requiring urgent surgical intervention, so self-medication is unacceptable. When there is pain in the navel, regardless of their intensity, you should always consult a doctor - this will help to avoid dangerous for health and life complications.
Pain around the navel - classification:
- Parietal pain. It arises from the irritation of the nerve receptors of the spinal cord, which provide the connection of the peritoneum with the central nervous system, is combined with the muscle spasms of the abdominal wall;
- Visceral pain. It is a consequence of failures in the work of organs, their organic lesions, has a cramping or "gnawing" character;
- Reflected pain. Focuses in a zone remote from the pathological process. Typical for diseases of the intestine, pancreas, gallbladder, stomach;
- Psychogenic pain. It is localized in the abdominal cavity, lasting several months / years in the absence of objective signs of changes in the organs of the peritoneum. Diagnosed in people with mental disabilities, disappears against the background of taking psychotropic drugs.
The pain around the navel - what can it be?
The abdominal pain around the navel is stinging andWeak, sudden and constant, concentrate in one place and migrate to the right / left or up / down - in any case, you can not ignore it. The best option is to analyze the current symptomatology (the strength of sensations, disposing factors, character, localization) and make an appointment with a specialist.
- Umbilical hernia. The formation of the hernial sac and the expansion of the umbilical ring cause aching pain around the navel during exercise and after eating. The hernia is a rounded seal near the navel, when it is infringed the pain syndrome increases: the contents of the hernial sac are squeezed, blood circulation is disrupted, and the necrosis of the tissues begins.
- Enteritis or colitis. Inflammation of the small or large intestine. In addition to sharp pain in the center of the abdomen, these pathologies are always accompanied by diarrhea. Enteritis is characterized by a large number of liquid bowel movements, with colitis of stools a little, often there is an admixture of thick mucus and blood.
- Appendicitis. First, the pain concentrates around the navel, then moves to the right and below. The intensity of painful sensations varies depending on the location of the appendix in the appendix relative to the cecum, from the stage of the inflammatory process (chronic / acute).
- Intestinal obstruction. It is characterized by a rapid and unexpected "start" - an attack of intestinal colic. Pain concentrates around the navel, gradually taking on a diffuse character. It is combined with severe vomiting, nausea, a violation of the escape of gases, a delay in defecation.
- Abdominal migraine. The pain around the navel is intense, occur against the background of cold extremities, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. A disease in which the motility of the intestine breaks down, flatulence, cramping pain around the navel, diminishing after the passage of stool and gases.
- Cancer of the small intestine. Rarely diagnosed oncological pathology, which manifests itself by two typical signs: progressive anemia and tar stool. The pain around the navel is worn in a grip-like manner, in 80-85% of cases it is combined with diarrhea, rumbling of the intestine, eructation, nausea, heartburn.
- Malformations of the colon:
- Hirschsprung's disease. Enlargement of the colon over the width and length, sealing its walls. Symptoms: chronic constipation, difficulty with emptying, pain around the navel, skin problems (premature wrinkles, irritation, ulcers), allergic reactions, neuroses. In the course of time, pressure ulcers that form in the large intestine become infected and lead to adhesions / perforation of the intestine;
- Doubling of the intestine. The clinical picture proceeds asymptomatically or manifests with aching pain around the navel due to intestinal obstruction.
- Dissecting aneurysm of the abdominal segment of the aorta:
- Short-term pain;
- A sudden start to the process;
- The appearance of pain is associated with physical exertion / change in body position.
- "Abdominal toad." Disturbance of mesenteric (intestinal) circulation arises with systemic lesions of arterial vessels characterized by the appearance of painful attacks with concentration around the navel. Pain syndrome has a clearly pronounced cramping character, "leaves" after taking nitroglycerin. The disease provokes bowel dysfunction, constipation, flatulence, chronic diarrhea.
- Inflammation of the jejunum (jejunitis). The pain around the navel is a typical symptom of the yoynitis, if the inflammatory process spreads over the entire small intestine, it is a chronic enteritis.
- Intestinal infections in the anamnesis (salmonellosis, dysentery);
- Alcohol abuse;
- Kidney failure, food allergy;
- Immunodeficiency states, gout;
- Skin diseases (eczema, psoriasis).
Pain around the navel in women - possible causes
Pain sensations around the navel - commonComplaint in clinical gynecology. This symptom is nonspecific, as it is fixed in many pathologies, which is due to the weak differentiation in the CNS of pain impulses that go from the pelvic organs. When diagnosing pain near the navel, one must take into account the individual threshold of pain sensitivity and the characteristics of the anamnesis: the onset of pain syndrome (gradual / acute), localization, concomitant symptomatology (bleeding, vomiting, chills, fever), whether the soreness is near the navel with the menstrual cycle and Pregnancy.
Pain related to pregnancy:
- ectopic pregnancy. Fetal egg in ectopic pregnancy is implanted in the abdominal cavity, ovaries, cervix or horn of the uterus, fallopian tubes. Abdominal pain around the navel appears on one side, rarely - it can be generalized or bilateral. It grows slowly, intensifies during defecation, movement. The rupture of the tube causes sharp and sudden pain;
- Threat of abortion. Aching pain in the center of the abdomen, giving in the lower back, spotting from the genital tract;
- Premature placental abruption. Sharp severe pain in the lower abdomen, uterine bleeding.
Pain not related to pregnancy:
- Pathology of the ovaries: Malignant / benign formations (tumors, cysts); Syndrome of ovarian hyperstimulation. It develops in women with a diagnosis of "infertility" against hormonal therapy. The mild form is manifested by minor pain around the navel, heavy - ascites (accumulation of fluid in the peritoneum) and shortness of breath;
- Dysmenorrhea. Painful menstruation observed in ovulatory cycles are characterized by: pulsating / cramping pains around the navel and in the lower abdomen, diarrhea, nausea, increased fatigue, headache;
- Inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs, provoked by pathogenic microorganisms Mycoplasma hominis, Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae;
- Endometriosis. Occurs as a result of growth of the endometrium outside the uterine cavity, manifests itself as periodic pain around the navel at / before the menstrual period;
- Adhesive disease. Progresses after surgery, with chronic inflammation of the reproductive organs.
The pain around the navel in the child - what can it be?
Causes of pain around the navel can be very different: Disorders of the stomach, worms, acute appendicitis or ARVI. First of all, it is necessary to find out the localization and the degree of pain syndrome intensity, since small children can not always clearly explain where and what hurts them. With unbearable "dagger" pain the child prefers to lie, turns gently, with difficulty - this symptom can not be ignored, it can indicate peritonitis and acute appendicitis.
Pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract:
- gastritis. Characteristic symptoms: pain in the stomach, eructation, lack of appetite, vomiting, nausea, heaviness in the abdomen;
- nephritis. In addition to pain around the navel, inflammation of the kidneys manifests itself as edema under the eyes, rare urination, darkening of urine, irregular temperature;
- Gastroduodenitis. Inflammation of the gastric mucosa causes aching pain in the abdomen after eating, a "rotten" belch, a feeling of raspryaniya, heartburn, nausea, persistent constipation;
- A peptic ulcer. Pain appears on an empty stomach, after eating. The child complains of nausea, gas, constipation, bitter taste in the mouth;
- Inflammation of the biliary tract / gall bladder. The disease progresses gradually: the child is troubled by headaches, dull pain in the right hypochondrium and around the navel, a feeling of dryness in the oral cavity, nausea, diarrhea / constipation, lack of appetite;
- ulcerative colitis. The pains are spasmodic, accompanied by anemia, weight loss, a loose stool with blood;
- Acute pancreatitis. The symptomatology resembles an attack of appendicitis, the child complains of pain in the epigastric zone and around the navel, radiating to the shoulders, shoulder blades, which are accompanied by vomiting, nausea, yellowing of the skin.
Acquired / congenital decreased activityLactase (the enzyme that breaks down the milk sugar) can be hidden or manifest, so many parents do not even guess that their child suffers from lactase deficiency. The severity of clinical manifestations with lactose intolerance tends to fluctuate, which is due to differences in the intestinal biocenosis, different levels of enzyme reduction, individual characteristics of the child's body. Typical manifestations: diarrhea (fermentation) after eating dairy products, foamy stool, moderate pain around the navel.
The diagnosis of "food allergy" is put to the child whenThere is an obvious relationship between eating and manifesting clinical symptoms of its intolerance. The prevalence of food allergies varies between 1-50%, is fixed for the first time in childhood. Provoking factors in the formation of food allergies: maternal nutrition during pregnancy / breastfeeding, early transfer of the infant to artificial mixtures, eating disorders, which are expressed in the disparity in the volume of food age / weight of the child, concomitant pathology of the bile duct and liver. Manifestations of the disease are varied according to the forecast, severity, localization, form. On the part of the gastrointestinal tract: constipation, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain. Coliform sensations near the navel occur 3-4 hours after ingestion, pains differ in intensity, consistency, combined with dyspeptic disorders (decreased appetite, mucus in stools). Methods of treatment of food allergy in children - elimination (exception) of the diet of food allergen and allergen-specific therapy.
Infection with intestinal parasites
In children, there are 15 species of helminths, the mostAscarids (10%) and pinworms (90%) are common. Parasites provoke disturbances in the work of the gastrointestinal tract, allergic reactions, intoxication, weaken the immune response of the body.
Clinical manifestations of helminthic invasion:
- Diathesis, skin rashes, neurodermatitis, dermatitis;
- Unstable stool, propensity to constipation, greens in stool;
- Eructations, flatulence, vomiting, nausea;
- "Volatile" pain in the abdominal area, localized around the navel;
- A violation of appetite, bruxism (gnashing of teeth);
- Insomnia, problems with falling asleep;
- Redness / itching in the anus;
- A painful appearance, emotional lability, asthenic syndrome.
Psychogenic pain around the navel
They are noted in children with unstable psyche onBackground of excessive excitement, caused by a quarrel with peers or parents, an overabundance of emotions. Such a child is characterized by a desire for leadership, obsession, perseverance. Symptoms: colic / soreness in the abdomen, vomiting, nausea, constipation / diarrhea, facial flushing, prostration, febrile condition, visual impairment, auditory hallucinations. Between seizures, the child feels quite normal. In this case it is better to be safe - to consult a pediatrician and a child psychoneurologist.
The pain around the navel is a dangerous symptom thatCan not be ignored. When spasms, severity, sharp or sharp pains occur in the mesogastric region, it is necessary to contact the specialized specialists - therapist, gastroenterologist, surgeon, pediatrician, gynecologist, to undergo a complete examination and, if necessary, a course of treatment.