Contraceptive ring: instructions for use, local effects. How the contraceptive ring works.
Instructions for use
Before inserting the ring into the vagina,Wash your hands and take a comfortable pose: standing, lying on your back, squatting. Ring the fingers with fingers in the center, insert as deep as possible into the vagina. With the correct placement of the contraceptive is not felt, if discomfort arose, you need to fix it with your fingers. It is not important in which area of the vagina the ring was fixed, the main indicator is the absence of unpleasant sensations. If the ring is accidentally removed, it should be rinsed with room-temperature water and placed back. One contraceptive ring is designed for 4 weeks (menstrual cycle). After a one-week break, the cycle repeats. After abortion or childbirth, before using the contraceptive it is recommended to wait 21 days.
- Vein / arterial thrombosis, varicose veins;
- Migraine of a neurological nature;
- Angiopathy, diabetes mellitus;
- Chronic / acute pancreatitis;
- Severe liver disease, liver / genital neoplasm (benign / malignant);
- Lactation, pregnancy;
- Vaginal bleeding of unexplained genesis;
- Individual intolerance.
- Loss of the ring, foreign body sensation;
- Vaginitis, cystitis, inflammation of the urinary tract;
- Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain;
- Weight reduction / increase, menstrual irregularities, soreness of the nipples;
- Engorgement of the mammary glands, headaches;
- Dizziness, irritability, mood swings.
How the Contraceptive Ring Works
Vaginal contraceptive - thin flexible ringFrom hypoallergenic material, containing a low dose of estrogen and progesterone, which are in the bloodstream to counteract the migration of the ovum from the ovary and further fertilization. The ring suppresses ovulation, the mucous membrane of the cervix becomes impermeable to spermatozoa. The contraceptive reliability of the contraceptive ring is 98-99%.
- Usability (every 30 days);
- There is no need to see a doctor for an introduction;
- Minimal hormonal effects on the body;
- Reduction of soreness, regeneration of the menstrual cycle;
- Reducing the risk of developing ovarian / uterine cancer;
- Rapid recovery of reproductive function after discontinuation of use.
- Does not protect against HIV infection and sexually transmitted diseases;
- A large list of contraindications and side effects;
- Psychologically uncommon method of contraception;
- high price. For example, the ring of NovaRing costs about 1000 rubles.
- The microflora of the vagina. Vaginal epithelium, cervical mucus and local flora are natural barriers to infection. Against the background of the ring there is a slight increase in vaginal secretion, but the composition of the bacterial microflora does not change. Women who regularly use the vaginal ring increase the colony of lactobacilli, which helps to prevent bacterial and viral infections. Studies have shown that the ring does not adversely affect the biocenosis of the vagina and does not provoke a vaginal imbalance.
- Epithelium of the cervix. The vaginal ring does not increase the risk of cervical pathology, moreover, with continued use, there is a positive trend in the epithelization of cervical erosion.
- Sexual function. Contraceptive choice directly affects the sexual well-being, which causes a long-term commitment to the method. In patients using the ring, anxiety decreases, the intensity of orgasms and vaginal lubrication increase.
The vaginal ring has a highContraceptive efficacy, favorable tolerability profile, comparable to the profile of combined oral contraceptives. The ring has a good level of acceptability and guarantees accurate cycle control. The constant production of hormones allows you to level the fluctuation of their levels. The vaginal ring is a method of protection, providing a lot of advantages: a monthly dosing regimen, reliability, safety, effectiveness, a positive effect on sexual function, vaginal flora and female reproductive health.