Cancellation of contraceptives, consequences, pregnancy. Monthly and cancellation of contraceptive.
Individual reasons for canceling OK:
- The decision to give birth to a baby;
- Fear of complications associated with taking hormones;
- Serious health problems arose;
- A decision is made to protect with another type of contraception;
- The onset of pregnancy on the background of taking oral contraceptives.
Causes of emergency cancellation of contraceptives:
- Liver disease, diabetes mellitus, uncontrolled hypertension;
- Varicosity, oncology, severe visual impairment;
- Intracavitary surgery.
Consequences of canceling OK
Stopping hormone pillsIncreases the activity of the ovaries, the lack of regular receipts from outside the gestagens and estrogens contributes to the "disinhibition" of ovulation. The oppression of the gonadotropic function of the pituitary gland is completed, the production of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones is activated.
Symptoms of cancellation:
- delay of menstruation. Gynecologists note that if the cycle was regular before taking the hormonal contraceptive, there should not be a malfunction after the cancellation. If the menstruation is delayed, you should consult your doctor to rule out pregnancy;
- Mood swings;
- Changes in the menstrual cycle. After the abolition of the contraceptive cycle may become shorter / longer. If the duration of the cycle varies within 21-36 days, there is no need to worry, otherwise it is advisable to consult a doctor;
- Pain in the lower abdomen. Associated with excessive activity of the ovaries, starting to work at full strength after a break, usually the pain syndrome passes quickly and does not require correction;
- Increased fat content of the skin / hair, the appearance of acne.
Delay of menstruation
Delayed menstruation for 3-6 months after the abolition of OK - the phenomenon is absolutely normal, there is no pathology here. The regeneration of the reproductive system requires time, during which:
- The course of the secretory phase of the menstrual cycle is normalized;
- The restoration of atrophic deformations in the endometrium begins;
- The ability of the endometrium to implant a fertilized egg is renewed;
- Changes the vaginal environment, reduces the viscosity of cervical mucus.
Long-term retention of menstrual bleedingMay indicate the onset of amenorrhea, triggered by a latent endocrine system or sexually transmitted infections (hepatitis, HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea). There are also more serious reasons - cyst in the uterus, polycystic ovary, oncology.
Cancellation of contraceptive and pregnancy
After oral contraceptives are completedOvulation is improving, most women can conceive a child within 1-2 years. Often, the pregnancy happens almost instantly after the drug is discontinued - this is due to the active functioning of the ovaries after artificial rest. The time of onset of conception depends on the duration of taking the tablets. If he did not exceed 6 months, you can wait for rapid fertilization. If a woman has been protected for 3 years or more, problems are possible. Experts recommend that hormonal contraceptive cancellation be performed several months before the expected pregnancy - this is necessary for complete regeneration of the hormonal background.
Rules of Missed / Forgotten Tablets
One tablet was missed: Delay more than 12 hours (3 hours for "mini-drink") - take the missed tablet, continue the reception until the end of the cycle, adhering to the usual scheme. Late for less than 12 hours - drink a missed pill, continue with the standard procedure.
Missed 2 tablets and more: Take 2 tablets daily until the normal schedule normalizes plus a contraceptive condom week. When the discharge appears, stop taking the pills, start a new package in a week.
Vomiting in the first 3 hours after taking the pill - take an extra pill.
Diarrhea within 2-3 days - additional contraceptive measures until the end of the cycle.
A break in taking contraceptives
In the absence of contraindications, usehormonal contraceptives (more about hormonal contraceptives can be read here) as a method of protection from an unplanned pregnancy can be unlimited time. It used to be that it was necessary to take breaks in OK reception so that the ovaries "did not forget" their function. Today, medical experts argue that long-term use of tablets does not have a harmful effect on the female reproductive system, on the contrary, interruptions in reception are stressful for the endocrine system, because they force the body to adapt to taking the drug first, then rebuild to abolish the OC. After every 21 days of admission, a woman does a week-long break, during which the ovaries are moderately activated, so breaks for resting the ovaries do not have to be done.