NovaRing: user manual, reviews. Hormonal ring contraceptive NovaRing.
- Active substances: ethinyl estradiol, etonogestrel;
- Excipients: magnesium stearate, 28% vinyl acetate / ethylene copolymer, 90% vinyl acetate.
NovaRing contraceptive ring: instructions
To achieve maximum contraceptiveActions should be applied NovaRing according to the annotation. The ring is inserted into the vagina in the supine position, squatting, lifting the leg up: it is compressed and placed in the vagina up to a comfortable position, the exact position of the ring is of decisive importance. After the introduction, the NovaRing ring should be constantly in the vagina for 3 weeks. If you accidentally delete it, you must immediately re-enter it. The ring should be removed after 3 weeks (pick up with your finger and slowly pull out), after a 7 day break - enter a new one. Minor bleeding begins on the third day after removal of the ring.
Indications for use:
- Hypersensitivity to auxiliary / active components NovaRing;
- Venous / arterial thrombosis, myocardial infarction, deep vein thrombosis;
- Angina pectoris, ischemic attacks, cerebrovascular disorders, migraine;
- Diabetes, atrial fibrillation, obesity, extensive trauma;
- Volumetric surgical intervention, pancreatitis;
- Liver tumors of malignant / benign origin;
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown origin, pregnancy;
- Lactation period, hormone-dependent tumors.
- Pathology of the heart valves, chronic / acute liver disease;
- Thrombophlebitis, nicotine intoxication, jaundice;
- Cholelithiasis, chloasma, systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Anemia, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease;
- Severe constipation, prolapse of the cervix, a hernia of the rectum and bladder.
Contraceptives NovaRing: side effects
- Vaginal infection, cystitis, cervicitis;
- Increased appetite, decreased libido, depression;
- Migraine, headaches, dizziness;
- "Hot flashes", violation of visual acuity, bloating;
- Constipation, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, itchy skin;
- Pain in the extremities, muscle spasms, frequent urination;
- Pain / densities in the mammary glands;
- Bloody discharge, pain in the pelvis, dryness of the vulva, vaginal mucosa;
- Edema, rupture of the ring, sensation of a foreign body.
Serious consequences of overdose are not fixed, vomiting, nausea, minor vaginal bleeding are possible. There are no antidotes, treatment is symptomatic."
Contraceptive NovaRing: reviews
Ring of NovaRing is a reliable alternativeClassic hormonal contraceptive pills. The use of the vaginal ring does not cause discomfort, is well tolerated, does not cause serious side effects.
- Excellent contraceptive efficacy (Pearl index 0.45-0.7);
- Ease of use (replacement of the ring is required every 30 days);
- Minimum doses of hormones, evenly distributed into the blood;
- Absence of negative impact on body weight, blood pressure, lipid composition;
- Possibility of application for nulliparous women;
- Reduces the risk of cancer of the ovaries, uterus;
- Rapid recovery of ovulation after removal of the ring (comes after 19 days);
- Does not change the natural microflora of the vagina;
- Has a therapeutic / prophylactic effect on vaginal biocenosis.
- Does not provide protection against HIV infection, sexually transmitted diseases;
- Presence of an extensive list of contraindications, complications;
- The method is unaccustomed from the point of view of psychology.
Contraceptive ring NovaRing: reviews of doctors
Gynecologists note the effectiveness, safety,Reliability of the NovaRing ring - a unique contraceptive that combines the action of local contraceptives and hormones. The NovaRing vaginal ring is a method of protection that provides a lot of advantages: a monthly dosing regimen, good cycle control, a positive effect on the vaginal biocenosis and sexual function, a favorable tolerability profile. Recommended for use in women of reproductive age who need contraception.