The most common causes of this phenomenon are: diseases and their consequences.
In this article we will talk about the mostCommon causes of stuffy ears and ways to deal with this unpleasant phenomenon. As a rule, it does not cause painful sensations, but unpleasant emotions are present.
Why can lay the ear?
- With pressure drops. This happens at high altitude or depth. The pressure inside the hearing organs is regulated by the Eustachian tube, but in this case it does not have time to adapt to external changes and the eardrum starts to press on the tube, causing the ear to become stuffy.
- Inflammation of the eustachian tube (eustachitis). It can occur as a consequence of a cold or runny nose. In this case, both adults and children can lay their ears. For treatment it is necessary to consult with a doctor.
- Hearing damage associated with nerve damage. Main features: poor hearing in noisy places.
- Craniocerebral injuries and disorders in the work of the heart.
- Otitis, suffered as a child. After the illness on the tympanic membrane, spikes are formed, which in the adult age ears will often be pawned.
- Ripe cork. It does not matter how often you clean your ears with special sticks. Sooner or later the remnants of sulfur will collapse into a dense lump, which can only be extracted by ENT.
- Water. After bathing and diving, water can enter the ear canal and lay it down. In this case, it is recommended to jump on one leg so that the liquid will flow out.
Methods of treatment
The fight against pawns is directly dependent onCauses that led to the disease. For example, if you notice that you have a sudden loss of hearing on the plane, although others do not see this phenomenon, visit the doctor. Perhaps this is due to complications after a recent illness.
- First of all, you need to identify whether the person was sickOtitis media. Complications after this illness may not have any effect for quite some time, and only a qualified doctor will be able to detect them.
- If a person has problems withCardiovascular and nervous system, first of all it is necessary to deal with their treatment. The ejaculated ear can be a consequence of disturbances in the work of the heart and brain and will go away by itself when the root cause is eliminated.
- To detect even minor hearing impairments, sometimes an audiogram is prescribed, the indicators of which help to determine abnormalities in the work of the ears and nerves.
Quick struggle with the stuffed ear
There are situations when it is not time or place to consult a doctor, and a blocked ear interferes with normal activities.
- If you know that this can happen to youIn an airplane or subway, before a trip, dip into the nose vasoconstricting drops. But remember that this way you can not use too often and it is better to consult a doctor about the causes of the phenomenon.
- If your ears are laid abruptly, for example, when lifting in a high-speed elevator, it will be enough to open your mouth. You can also close your nose and mouth with your palm and try to hold your breath.
- In addition, in such a situation, fast swallowing of saliva or drinking water with small sips can help.
- During diving or diving,The next way: pinch your nose with your fingers and try to push air through it. This will help not only to restore hearing, but also to overcome the pain that often arises in such situations.
In any case, the ears can beA symptom of a more serious disease than a simple sulfur plug. And if in addition to hearing loss you are in pain, a visit to a doctor should never be postponed.