The causes of pain in the sternum.
The main causes of pain in the chest
Quite often the manifestation of this symptom canEven indicate a life-threatening disease. Therefore, contact a specialist with burning pain in the chest should be immediately. The causes of pain and burning can be as a disease of the lungs, heart, esophagus, and trauma to the chest, etc.
Classification of types of pain in the chest
For a preliminary definition of a possible disease, it is necessary to pay attention to the symptomatology:
- If you feel a burning pain in the chestLeft, which extends to the arms or neck, this may be a sign of myocardial infarction or acute ischemia. Basically, patients characterize it as "piercing needles". You can determine it by increasing the pulse, pale face and lips, a state of pain, sometimes even a loss of consciousness. There are cases when an untimely appeal to a cardiologist in a similar situation leads to a fatal outcome.
- Pain in the chest can be a consequence of suchLung diseases like pleurisy, bronchitis, tracheitis and pneumonia and occur after prolonged and severe attacks of coughing or sudden breaths. The cause of their appearance may be damage to the pleura, as the tissues of the respiratory organs themselves are not endowed with pain receptors. In some cases, early stages of malignant growth are also accompanied by an increase in inspiratory pain in the chest area. As a prophylaxis, experts recommend periodically taking fluorography.
- Quite often, pain in the chest can be causedVarious kinds of injuries and bruises. In the latter, in the main, soft tissues are damaged, accompanied by pain on inspiration and a slight swelling. Trauma means fractures - ribs or sternum, due to which breathing is significantly hampered due to sharp burning pain with inspiration.
- Pain in the chest can also beProvoked by spasms of the walls of the stomach - its characteristic feature is the frequency of appearance associated with the methods of eating. Most often, the uncomfortable sensations in the chest before eating or after are signs of a stomach ulcer. Additional symptoms are heartburn, nausea and vomiting. If the cause of their appearance is the disease of the esophagus, then acute pain in the chest can be accompanied by difficulty swallowing, exacerbation of sensations when passing food through the esophagus.
Pain in the chest in a child - is there any cause for concern?
Because children do not accurately describe the nature ofPainful sensations, in the case of a child's pain or burning in the chest, it is necessary to be examined by a specialist, as they can sometimes indicate a serious pathology, although they can not always be a serious cause for concern:
- Pain in the lower part of the chest, especially after eating and exercising, is able to subside, as it indicates the tension of the shell that covers the abdominal cavity.
- If adult family members often complain of chest pain, a child can only mimic their behavior.
- Intensive physical activity can also be the cause of discomfort in the chest, in which case the child has enough rest.
- Sometimes the appearance of pain in the chest in children is associated with rapid growth, when the development of the entire body does not have time to internal organs. In this situation, moderate physical activity is recommended.