Why not swim in the sea or river during menstruation? Councils of doctors.
Today we will try to figure out whether it is possible to sunbathe and swim at the monthly in the sea, the pool or any other pond.
First of all, you need to find out why doctors do not recommend swimming or doing it at a minimum.
- Aesthetics. Bloody traces may appear in the water or on the body when exiting the pond. But, as it turned out, this is not the biggest problem.
- Diseases. The cervix is slightly opened during menstruation and microbes and bacteria can get inside with water. And because the immunity during the months weakened, then the disease can develop faster.
- The vagina and the uterus. The fact that sea or river water can freely enter the vagina is known to everyone. But this does not mean that infection will immediately appear. This organ quite successfully fights microbes with the help of its microflora. But in the womb they can cause serious diseases, although it is much more difficult to get there. However, some precautions should be taken to ensure that different Trichomonases, Giardia and Chlamydia.
What to do?
- Hygienic procedures. An excellent way out of this situation is tampons. They reliably block the entrance to the vagina and will protect the uterus, absorbing blood and water. But they will have to be changed after each bath
- Try to do water procedures at a time when the discharge is not so intense
- Strengthen the immune system by taking a variety of vitamins or fresh fruits and vegetables
- A more advanced version of protection is the vaginal cup. It will not have to be changed after each entering the water, since it lasts at least six hours.
Let's talk about water
Since bathing involves not only salty sea water, you should tell more about other water bodies that can serve as a potential bathing place.
- Sea. Bathing is not forbidden, the main thing is that the water is not cold. The tampon remains the main item for the girl. Enter it immediately before bathing and immediately afterwards remove. But if in the water you feel that the swab is strongly swollen, you must immediately go out and change it.
- River. If the water in it is clean, then it is not forbidden to swim. But try not to stay in the water for more than twenty minutes.
- Lake or pond. Doctors strongly do not recommend swimming in such reservoirs during menstruation. The fact is that in standing water, microbes develop much more intensively and can lead to serious gynecological diseases, even if you used a tampon.
- Pool. In principle, you can swim in it, but it is possible that the sensors will react to microscopic remnants of excreta, both in urine and color the water around you in a very noticeable color. In the end, you will be very uncomfortable and it is unlikely to prove that you did not urinate in the water.
- Bath. Many people use this item of household plumbing as a means to relieve pain. But you can not sit in hot water. So you will only intensify the bleeding. If you really want to take a bath, try to keep the water warm and not hot and add a chamomile broth that is considered a natural antiseptic.
No matter how long-awaited vacation was, ifmonthly spoiled your plans for beach holidays, better to save your health in the early days and refrain from prolonged bathing and sunbathing. At this time, better to do sightseeing and buying souvenirs, because menstruation will end sooner or later and you can enjoy a bath without harm to health.