Rate of heart rate in humans and the reasons for its increase or decrease
The average normal pulse in a person
As mentioned above, the frequency of abbreviationsThe heart can depend on the age category and gender of the person. For example, the male pulse is often lower than the female pulse. Basically, the norm is considered to be:
- Newborn children - up to 140 beats per minute;
- A child up to a year is 130;
- From 1 year to 3 years - 100;
- From 3 to 7 years - about 95;
- 7 - 14 years - about 80;
- For adults - 72 beats per minute;
- In diseases can reach 120;
- Before his death - 160 beats / min.
In women, the normal pulse is considered to be a range of 70-80 beats per minute, and in men - 60-70. With age, he can achieve in both sexes 65 bpm, showing a tendency to decrease.
Self-measurement of heartbeat
For the timely prevention of seriousDeviations related to the work of the cardiovascular system, it is necessary to control its variation on its own, especially since the measuring apparatus is quite accessible today. However, one should pay attention to the fact that during the day the heart rate fluctuates, therefore it is best to measure the pulse at the same time, being in the same position - in the morning after sleep. In addition, the most effective method of diagnosis is still considered independent counting the number of strokes in 60 seconds - by applying fingers in the area of the wrist or cervical lymph nodes.
Contraindications for checking the pulse in humans
- The state of alcohol intoxication, after eating or taking medication;
- On empty stomach;
- After intensive physical exertion;
- After taking a bath or massage;
- After overheating of the body or, conversely, hypothermia.
Variations in heart rate variances
Some causes of high or low heart rate:
- If the number of strokes you systematically reaches 100 per minute at rest, you need to pay attention to this - this may be a sign of tachycardia.
- The opposite of tachycardia is the term bradycardia, when the heart rate drops to 50 beats per minute or less.
- A slowed and barely palpable pulse is an indicator of heart failure.
- Uneven intervals between heart beats are called arrhythmias and indicate abnormalities in functioning.
Means of normalizing the pulse
In some cases, it makes sense to undertakePreventive measures, without referring to doctors, but at the same time it is necessary to be aware of the potential gravity of the situation and the possibility of the bad consequences of self-treatment. However, sometimes the abnormalities of the pulse from the norm can occur under the influence of external factors, eliminating which, you can normalize it.
- Refuse the substances that stimulate the cardiac activity - caffeine, alcohol, drugs.
- Quit smoking, as smoking contributes to narrowing of the arteries.
- Carefully read the instructions before taking medication.
- Get rid of excess weight - this will reduce the burden on the heart, and, hence, the frequency of the heartbeat.
- Adhere to the right food - give up fast food and convenience foods.