Restorative massage: contraindications and technique of performance
Stroke massage technique: video and motion description
The technique of movements for recovery after a stroke is not too different from the usual therapeutic massage. Here are the following types of movements:
- Trituration. It is carried out by a base or an edge of a palm, a fist, fingers. Used to warm up the body, better circulation of blood. Movements are rapid, but without pressure on the patient's body, only the skin is affected;
- Stroking. It is done with the help of palms, fingers. Movements are light, fast, not pressing at the beginning. At the end of the deeper, to saturate skin cells with oxygen and improve blood circulation;
- Slip. Used at the end and at the beginning of each rejuvenating massage session. In the beginning, it is necessary for rubbing the oil and relaxing the muscles, at the end - to reduce the tone;
- Vibration. An important movement for the past stroke, especially those who are restricted in movement. Due to the frequency of vibration, muscle tone increases and decreases. Performed by a specialist from the top down, along the spine, muscles of the legs and hands;
- Kneading. Movement, where the most force is applied. The doctor grasps the muscle fibers with his hands, squeezing them, squeezing and stretching them. Thus, the muscles begin to work, the blood circulation improves.
All the actions in the complex allow us to maintain the shape and prevent the degradation of muscle fibers, improve blood circulation, and feed cells with oxygen.
With the technique of movements can be found on the video of a restorative massage after a stroke by clicking on this link.
Sequence of actions for restorative massage
There is a single standard for performing such procedures:
- The patient is put on his back and begins to massage from his feet, moving higher to the chest and arm muscles;
- After massage of the external surfaces of the legs, arms and muscles of the chest, the patient is turned over to the abdomen and the procedure is carried out in the same sequence from the bottom up;
- It is important to relax the muscles in healthy and affected parts of the body before the massage starts. This is also the prerogative of doctors.
Contraindications for restorative massage after a stroke
Restorative massage is a medical procedure. As with any other medication, there are a number of limitations that make treatment impossible, and under an hour and dangerous to health.
- It is not recommended to perform massage procedures if the patient has any injuries to the limbs, including skin lesions, swelling;
- It is inadmissible to undergo sessions with a high body temperature;
- Infectious and viral diseases should be absent, including colds;
- Tuberculosis, internal or external bleeding;
In the rest, the doctor must take into account the current state of the patient, the characteristics of his body. All this will be useful when performing massage movements.
Restoration of the musculoskeletal system after a stroke
Stroke - a scourge of the 21st century, ranked 3rd amongDiseases leading to disability. The ailment was closely examined for many years, exploring the causes of the occurrence and the subsequent treatment from "A" to "I". Various private and public clinics have developed a number of rehabilitation measures that give hope to people who have suffered a stroke and recover. These include methods of restorative massage, special exercises at home and in the hospital, simulators, breathing exercises and many others. The main thing is to consult with doctors and treat the disease in a comprehensive way.