What products improve mood
Ten products that improve our mood
Serotonin is essentially a neurotransmitter. It is a chemical substance involved in the transmission of certain signals from one area of the brain to another. Of the brain cells (about 40 million), most are directly or indirectly affected by serotonin. They also refer to cells that are responsible for mood, sexual attraction, sexual function, appetite, sleep, ability to learn, including memory, temperature regulation, social behavior. According to scientists, a low level in the body of serotonin, or due to the fact that it does not reach the cellular receptor, often leads to changes in mental health, such as anxiety and depression. The principle of the action of most antidepressants (pharmaceuticals) is based precisely on improving the assimilation of human Organism of serotonin.
Essential effect on the enrichment of the bodySerotoninomymet diet. Tryptophan, an amino acid, is considered the "building material" that the human body uses to produce serotonin. Products with high tryptophan content are as follows: dairy products, poultry meat, nuts. And to support the balance of brain chemicals in the diet is recommended to include food rich in tryptophan, as well as other mood-raising human nutrients.
- Seeds and nuts - University researchersBarcelona found that people who consume almonds, Brazilian and walnuts have the highest level of metabolites (these are intermediates of metabolism) of serotonin. Only thirty grams of a mixture of these types of nuts per day will also help fight against obesity. They reduce blood pressure, as well as blood sugar.
- In fish from cold seas, for example, salmon andTuna contains fatty acids that help alleviate the symptoms of depression. Recent studies of specialists at the University of Pittsburgh showed that participants in specialty clinical studies with the highest number of fatty acids (omega-3) organisms had fewer symptoms of depression, as well as a more positive perception of the world.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (this is a polyunsaturatedFatty acid, DHA) is found in a wide range of food products. In particular, eggs enriched with this acid are considered to be a source of tryptophan and proteins. Studies have established that people who eat eggs for breakfast feel more satisfied, and therefore need fewer calories compared to those who breakfast was formed from products with a high content of carbohydrates, for example, flour products.
- Another fairly rich source of fatty acids - it is semenal. They also contain magnesium, B group vitamins - substances that help to deal with stress.
- Soy isoflavones raise the mood, andRegulate the psychological functions. Such food is also a source of vegetarian (or non-cholesterol) proteins, which lower the risk of cardiovascular ailments. Include in your daily diet of soy products, for example, soy milk and its derivatives: tofu, miso, tempeh.
- Fruits and vegetables are also known to improveMood. Use asparagus, chickpeas, beans, lentils, zucchini and sweet potato (this is a sweet potato). Do not ignore leafy vegetables (rich in magnesium), apples, bananas, peaches and artichoke.
- Avocado - before you, perhaps, from itRefused, because it is a high-calorie product that contains fats. However, on the other hand, this fruit also contains omega-3, amino acids, potassium and antioxidants.
- Whole grains can improve mood. Avoid treated, processed cereals (known to help reduce energy). And instead of you eat whole grains. This is wild rice, brown rice, barley, polbu (vippshenica). Unprocessed whole cereals, rich in fiber, will help improve our development, supporting it throughout the day, instead of feeling the glut of energy that you experience when using products from white flour or simple sugars.
- Turkey and other bird species contain a lot ofDegreased proteins, as well as tryptophan. Such a mienis absolutely true. However, adhere to the principle of moderation by eating food that contains arachidonic acid (AA), including animal food. Many studies prove that switching to the food of plant origin can help to maintain a good mood. But by including a bird in your bird's diet, make sure that the food you consume, the chemicals that can disrupt the balance of serotonin, does not.
- Black chocolate is a product that containsAntioxidantresveratrol. Such a substance in the human brain increases the number of endorphins and serotonin, thereby improving mood. It is worthwhile to note that the recommended dose is about 30 grams per day (but not tiles).