Blood with the nose: how to stop the epistaxis - the main reasons for the appearance and ways to deal with the problem.
Causes of bleeding
To the walls of the nasopharynx and nasal sinuses is suitableMany blood vessels, so even a small injury can cause heavy bleeding. Such a problem can be overtaken by a person due to cooling in the frost, drying out of the mucous membrane or even a runny nose. Let's consider the basic cases at which there is an epistaxis:
- Poor blood clotting;
- High blood pressure;
- Taking diluting drugs, anti-inflammatory drugs or acetylsalicylic acid;
- Often such a syndrome is provoked by irritation of the mucosa due to the use of household heaters in the room, which dry the air.
Blood from the nose - what to do with a delicate problem?
The first and almost reflex movement,Which people commit when bleeding from the nose, is a tilting of the head. However, not many people know that this method only aggravates the situation. In this case, the blood will flow down the back wall of the nasopharynx directly into the larynx, and from there it can get into the stomach or the respiratory tract. As a result, you risk getting a suffocating cough or vomiting reflexes, which is not always good in a crowded place.
The correct actions that help stop the blood from the nose, look like this:
- The first thing to do is sit down, tilt your head forward a little and press your chin tightly to your chest. Sit for a few minutes until the blood flow is complete.
- You can also attach to the bridge of the nose, wrapped in a handkerchief or a napkin soaked in cold water - this will allow to narrow the vessels and reduce the intensity of the flow.
- It is possible to drip vasoconstrictive drops, which are usually used in the treatment of the common cold.
- If the epistaxis has a weak force, then you can press the wings of the nose with your index and thumbs toward the nasal septum. Breathe in through the mouth for 5-8 minutes.
- When severe nasal bleeding is necessaryInsert into the nostrils of cotton swabs, previously moistened in a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide. It is also acceptable to use rosehip oil or sea buckthorn. If, at the end of the procedure, the cotton wool will adhere to the walls of the mucous membrane, do not try to forcefully remove it - this will cause a second epistaxis.
But if all these measures did not help you to eliminateBleeding, then you should seek help from ambulance doctors, because the cause of the syndrome may be concealed completely in another and, perhaps, more serious disease.
Folk remedies for nosebleeds
Traditional healers and healers also have their own arsenal of auxiliary tools that cope with this problem. So, herbalists advise to treat blood from the nose with such methods:
- You can drip a few drops of lemon juice;
- With regular bleeding should eat a small piece of aloe for 10-12 days;
- Coping with the problem helps the decoction of thymeCreeping: for 500 ml of water, add 15 g of the plant and boil for 20 minutes. Filtered broth should be soaked in tampons and inserted into the nostrils for 30 minutes.