Birth control pills
Mechanism of action of the COC:
The contraceptive pill containsCombination of female sex hormones (COCs or combined oral contraceptives). With daily administration of COC, ovarian function and hormonal balance in the body change, which eventually leads to inhibition of follicle ripening and egg release (ovulation does not occur) and pregnancy becomes impossible.
Advantages of contraceptive pills:
- The most reliable method of contraception (reliability is 99%).
- COCs can be selected for women and girls of any age, there is no age limit for them. Of course, for a certain age category, there are "their" combinations in the COC.
- Align and stabilize the hormonal background, prevent hormone-dependent diseases such as cancer or polycystic ovary, endometriosis.
- Establish a regular menstrual cycle.
- Reduce the percentage of premenstrual syndrome, reduce the intensity of pain in the abdomen during menstruation.
- The effect of contraceptive pills is simultaneous with the termination of their intake.
- If you decide to become pregnant - after the abolition of COC chances are much higher.
- Have a positive effect in the presence of mastopathy.
Disadvantages of contraceptive pills:
- COCs must be taken on an hourly basis. If you miss taking 1 tablet, the chances of getting pregnant are significantly increased.
- With simultaneous admission with certain medications, the effect may be reduced.
- At the beginning of admission, spotting can be observed in the middle of the cycle.
- COCs can increase appetite, and they also hold water in the body. If you do not need to get better, then you have to monitor diet and exercise.
- After the abolition, an increase in fertility is noted and you can easily become pregnant.
- COCs are medicines. They, as well as all medicines have their testimony, contraindications and side effects, which must be read, starting their reception.
Mechanism of action:
There is a simple spiral, which according to the principleForeign body prevents the implantation of a fertilized egg into the uterine mucosa. And the intrauterine hormonal system secretes hormones that act on the site and by their effects inhibit the implantation of the egg.
Advantages of the Navy:
Disadvantages of the IUD:
- The effectiveness of the method is 75-80%.
- During sexual intercourse, there is no discomfort.
- There are almost no side effects if it is properly installed.
- Ease of use (one IUD can be used 3-5 years).
- Can be used in breastfeeding.
- Cheapness of the method.
- After removal, pregnancy is possible again.
- Because of the foreign body in the uterus, there is a higher probability of inflammatory diseases.
- The risk of ectopic pregnancy increases 4-fold.
- There are complications with the introduction of IUD.
Which of the protection methods to choose, you needTo solve strictly individually and necessarily at the same time consult with a gynecologist who will evaluate the overall health of a woman while examining and give correct recommendations.