/ / How to avoid food poisoning

How to avoid food poisoning

The history of a single bacterium
If to speak from a medical point of view, thenPoisoning is any disease or disorder caused by the penetration of pathogenic toxic substances into the body. These substances can be of any origin: from the poison of rattlesnake to harmful bacteria. Food poisoning is associated with these bacteria. So, there is an infection in the world, for example, the bacterium Salmonella, sheltered on a soft and juicy, but dirty peach. And then he is eaten by a frivolous girl who did not even bother to wash this peach. Here the bacterium also blooms in a magnificent color. It penetrates into the stomach and intestines and begins to multiply actively, until the number of its children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren reaches the level when they cause inflammation. A huge number of bacteria and products of their life begins to destroy the mucous membranes of the digestive tract first. External manifestations of this scourge - nausea, vomiting, loose stools and sharp pains in the abdomen. But our bacteria and these your troubles may seem insufficient, and then it begins to penetrate into the blood and cause a general intoxication of the body - the symptoms are susceptible to high temperature, a sharp drop in blood pressure, loss of consciousness.

In general, no matter how scary, but any, even onFirst sight the most trivial poisoning can result in a fatal outcome, but do not panic. Nevertheless, the vast majority of the ailments caused by poisoning, passes quite easily and without sad consequences. However, there are people at risk, these are elderly, small children, people whose body is already weakened due to chronic diseases or newly transferred diseases. They may experience violations of the habitual functions of certain organs. So, some types of toxins can lead to the development of chronic gastritis, stomach ulcer, kidney failure and hepatitis. But such, fortunately, is not often found, which can not be said about dysbiosis, which is considered a frequent companion of both food poisoning and the period after a toxic attack. This, of course, is not fatal, but it is very unpleasant, and a lot of time is spent to get rid of this misfortune.

How to protect yourself
Some cautiously look at the different typesDairy products, while others are suspicious of fish, blaming it for all the troubles with the stomach, while others are guilty of vegetables and fruits. However, it turns out, it's not about the type of food. Let's open, perhaps, for someone a secret: there are practically no such products (with rare exceptions, of which read below), which would be more or less dangerous from a toxicological point of view. If something becomes the cause of poisoning, it is not the product itself, but the violation of either its manufacture or cultivation, or a failure occurred during its transportation or storage, or maybe it's because we somehow do it wrong Prepared.

How can you be sure that no poison will enter your mouth? Everything is extremely simple. Do you remember what your mother taught you in childhood? These are the rules we will now recall.
  1. Term of validity. Do you often check the jars with yoghurts or sour cream in the store, checking the date of manufacture and the shelf life? No? And it is necessary to do this, always, otherwise you risk ending the evening not in the movie with your beloved, but in an embrace with a white friend in the toilet. Overdue even for one day the product can already be dangerous.
  2. Damage to the product. Do not buy products in damaged or broken packaging, because through this dent or torn package inside could get pathogenic bacteria and multiply there very quickly. If you see dark spots on fruits or vegetables, do not buy them. Even if you cut off the damaged area, putrefactive toxins could already penetrate deep into the fetus.
  3. Water procedures. This is the golden rule, if you do not want to catch any kind of infection, always before my use all my products that can be washed. First of all, it is, of course, vegetables and fruits. They need to be washed very thoroughly in running water, and even if they are with a peel that you are not going to eat (bananas, oranges), and for greater reliability it is better to give them more and boiling water, especially if you give them to children.
  4. Check the appearance and smell. If any product has changed its natural color to some suspicious one, and even more so if a strange strange smell has gone from it, safely send it to the trash. After all, stale food is something that bacteria and other microorganisms already feast on (this process is called putrefaction) - why should you eat someone's scraps?
Products that you always need to be careful with
There are several products in circulation withwhich should always keep your hand on the pulse, because almost a third of all food poisoning falls on this fatal trinity, so it's worth to get to know them better.

Canned food
In addition to simple bacteria, getting into the digestive tractcauses intestinal disorders, there is also a more dangerous enemy - the bacteria of botulism. They are sometimes kept in canned foods. If such a bacterium enters the human body, it can lead to paralysis and very often ends in a fatal outcome. A dangerous sore can manifest itself from one hour to several days after consuming canned food. And only timely medical care can save the patient from imminent death. In order not to be in such a terrible situation, do not buy canned food from anyone's hands and if the jar of canned food is swollen - immediately throw it.

Alcohol is already a toxin in itself and in largeamounts can cause very severe poisoning. But much more dangerous is another - alcohol products are forged with the use of the strongest poison - methyl alcohol. This poison, getting into the human body, causes irreversible consequences - in almost 100% of cases a person loses sight, and if at the time does not go to a medical institution, then the risk of falling into a coma and stopping and defeating the brain that is incompatible with life is great. And the danger lies in not only a bottle of vodka smoked, bought from under the floor, but expensive alcohol, for example, purchased in a bar of some foreign hotel - everyone remembers the sad story that happened to Russian tourists on vacation in Turkey a couple of years ago. ..

Poisoning can cause not only paletoadstools and other fly agarics, even ordinary white or chicken can be dangerous. As is known, the fungus is a kind of sponge that absorbs all harmful substances from the earth, especially heavy metals and toxins. Therefore, a seemingly harmless at first glance, the booster, in whose history - a heavy childhood near a high-speed freeway, can contain a considerable number of poisonous elements. To avoid trouble, collect the mushrooms as far as possible from the roads and only beyond the city limits. And to buy mushrooms it is necessary only in a shop or at the checked mushroom pickers. Especially you risk, if you get already cooked - salted or pickled mushrooms: in this form it is difficult to distinguish mushroom varieties, besides there is no guarantee that the mushrooms were washed well before sipping.
Pay attention to: