Prevention and treatment of nipple cracks
Preventive procedures for cracks in the nipples during pregnancy
To avoid cracks in the nipples, doctors adviseFuture mothers to prepare their breasts for the upcoming feeding. To prevent the occurrence of cracks on the nipples, it is important to ensure the proper care of the breast. Already in the third trimester of gestation, when the nipples swell, colostrum begins to be released. It is at this time to take care of the prevention of nipple cracks: do not allow the skin to dry out around.
How can rarely wash your breasts with soap,Which removes a protective lubricant from the teats, which only provokes dryness. It is better to wash the chest with running water at room temperature using a gel with a scrub effect that will help prepare the socks for friction.
In addition, as a prevention of cracksDaily, gently pull the nipple to wipe it for two to three minutes with a towel. Zastehmopolaskivayte breast first warm, then cool water to develop the ability of the muscles to contractions, which is important when feeding.
It is also good for a bra to use cotton pads to make the nipples a little coarser.
Preventive procedures for cracks in nipples in nursing mothers
Even with regular nipple care duringPregnancy and after the birth of the baby, the emergence of cracks is inevitable when the child is incorrectly applied to the breast. Therefore, it is very important to learn how to do it correctly.
So, the jaws of the newborn should be in the area of the areola, and not touch the nipple. So the nipple will be all in the mouth of the baby and will not be injured with the gums. In the end, you can avoid rubbing the nipples.
Treating nipple babies
Do not pay attention to cracks in the nipplesWhich can not be, because the milk glands can be infected with infection due to wounds, which in turn is dangerous for the infant. Therefore, while you are learning to apply crumbs to your chest, continue to care for your breasts.
Lactation during breastfeeding:
- Before feeding, wash your nipples and wipe them with a towel. At the end of feeding, take an air bath so that the nipples can dry out.
- Rinse the remaining milk with extreme care with water without using soap.
- In order to prevent various inflammatory processes, use disposable hygiene pads, which must be put in the cups of the bra. After their wetting, replace with clean ones.
- The cream with lanolin will help to speed up the process of healing of cracks. Its composition is harmless, for both mother and baby. The cream should be applied at the end of feeding.
- Well used and tested by our ancestorsA means of preventing inflammatory processes with cracks in the nipples - green. Lubricating the nipples with greenish accelerates the wound. In addition, this is a good preventive method for thrush dumbbell. Especially since the green does not negatively affect the taste of mother's milk.
- If there are cracks in the nipples is not worth itRefuse breastfeeding. If the wound is not too deep, continue treatment and simultaneous breastfeeding. With deep wounds, you can temporarily use the breast pump to feed the crumb from the bottle to the healing of cracks.
Only thanks to the complex approach to the problem, you can breast-feed the baby for a long time with the valuable milk of the mother and not suffer from painful sensations.