Inflammation of the sciatic nerve
One of the most common diseases -An inflammation of the sciatic nerve. It occurs in many people and, as a rule, occurs as a result of other diseases. The disease itself does not pose a threat to health, but it brings a lot of inconvenience to the patient.
The sciatica begins in the lumbar region andStretches through the coccyx to the posterior surface of the leg. He is responsible for the normal operation of the legs and their sensitivity. Inflammation of an ideal nerve does not occur just like that. This problem can lead to:
- Full or partial displacement of the vertebral disc;
- The presence of pear-shaped muscle syndrome;
- Injuries to muscles or organs in the pelvic region;
- Presence of tumors of any origin.
If you notice the presence of symptoms of sciatica nerve inflammation, it is best to go to the doctor. This will help you avoid further negative consequences.
Symptoms of inflammation of the sciatic nerve
If your sciatic nerve becomes inflamed, then you immediatelyThis will find. There are a number of symptoms that point to this disease. First of all, this is the presence of pain. And the pain is very diverse, so it is difficult to describe. It depends on the degree of inflammation of the sciatic nerve and on the state of the organism. A significant role is played by the pain threshold of sensitivity.
Some people describe the pain as weak,Barely perceptible, there is a slight puncturing or sipping. Someone complains about very severe pain, which does not even allow you to move. Therefore, for certain it is impossible to know what a patient will have.
But still some of the characteristic features of painIt has. Almost always pain sensations are localized in only one half of the body. Many patients complain that the pain is manifested in one leg or one hip, and in the other one, there is a strong numbness in the muscles. Also, the pain can be felt in the lower leg. Numbness can be replaced by strong tingling sensations. In addition to pain and numbness, weakness appears, both in the legs. Sometimes it can appear in the hands of the affected side. But this happens very rarely.
Pain sensations in inflammation of the sciatic nerveNever appear immediately intensively. First there is a weak pain and only gradually it grows. Especially strong pain sensations appear at night. Also, pain can increase with force loads, when a person sits down or gets up. There are times when the pain is so severe that you have to drink strong painkillers. Therefore, when diagnosing a given disease, doctors recommend keeping their patients in bed.
Diagnosis of the disease
To start the right treatment,The disease must be diagnosed. An experienced doctor can do this quickly and easily. But as it was said above, most often the inflammation of the sciatic nerve arises from another disease. Therefore, it is necessary to diagnose the cause of inflammation, until the disease has begun to progress.
Diagnosis can be carried out in different ways. Everything depends on the preferences and skills of the doctor, as well as the general condition of the patient. In almost all cases of sciatica inflammation, the physician discovers the following symptoms:
- Violation of normal mobility of the knee joint, the foot or immediately of the other;
- Neurological reflexes can be weakened;
- When you raise your leg up, there is a lot of pain.
Except similar research, the doctor should assign the following studies, which can establish a more correct diagnosis:
- Radiographic examination of the pelvis;
- Laboratory blood tests, incl. Biochemical;
- In rare cases, magnetic resonance therapy is prescribed.
Treatment of inflammation of the sciatic nerve
First of all, with sciaticaIt is necessary to provide an asymptomatic treatment that will facilitate the inflammatory process. For this, several methods can be used: pharmacological and physical.
First few days doctors recommend doingCool compresses. To do this, you can use a normal soft cloth moistened in cool water. And it is even better to turn ice cubes into cloth and apply them to those places where the pain sensations are the most powerful. The duration of the compress should not last longer than ten minutes.
If the physical sensations are too strong, thenUse anesthetic drugs that are sold at the pharmacy. It can be ibuprofen, tempalgin and so on. But such measures will be effective only if a person will comply with bed rest for at least two days.
After the disease return to normalPhysical activity is gradual.Dve-three weeks can not lift the gravity or engage in physical exercises. After about four weeks, you can gradually return to the sport, but in a gentle manner. And only after six weeks of physical exercise can be restored in the previous regime.
Sometimes it happens so strong that ordinaryPainkillers do not help. In such cases, the doctor prescribes a prescription for potent drugs that are painful, and if the inflammatory process is strong, the doctor will prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs to you. If you are not too fond of medicines, then try treatment with a different method. But consult your doctor beforehand.
- Honey compresses. For its preparation, take three tablespoons of honey, melt them and mix with the crushed tablet of analgin. The resulting mixture is applied to a sore spot, top cover with gauze and leave for a couple of hours.
- Decoction of chemist's chamomile is a panacea for manyDiseases, including the sciatica of the sciatic nerve. To cook the broth, take five tablespoons of chamomile, pour a liter of water and boil for ten minutes. After this, let the broth brew for two hours, strain and take one glass a day for three days.
Do not use self-medication and immediately consult a doctor. Especially it is necessary to take a hurry if you notice one of the following symptoms:
- Elevated temperature to 38 degrees. Do not knock down the temperature before contacting the hospital!
- The appearance of swelling or redness on the back of the patient.
- The appearance of pain in the upper part of the leg, which move lower.
- Severe numbness in the legs, thighs or pelvis. Legs may subside.
- The appearance of burning during urination or the appearance of blood in the urine.
- In the prone position, the pain only intensifies and does not allow sleeping at night.
In the above cases, it is not recommended to tryIndependently to get rid of painful sensations. You yourself can not determine the cause of inflammation of the colon's nerve, this can only be done by an experienced doctor. You self-heal only can aggravate your situation, and complications can be very serious.
Do not forget that sciaticaMost often a consequence of a more serious disease. Therefore, the sooner you go to the doctor and the treatment, the sooner you will find the cause and prevent complications.