Dry eye syndrome: methods of fighting
This ailment can develop asIndependent disease, and can relate to the asymptoms of some other disease, however, despite the cause of the appearance of the dry eye syndrome, as a result, partial or complete loss of vision is possible, so it is necessary to closely monitor yourself.
Mechanism of development of dry eye syndrome
On the eye there is a protective film that covers the hairs, it is it that moistens the eye. This film is produced by the lacrimal liquid, which it is constantly wetted. There are three layers in the protective film:
- The surface layer that is formed by lipids. Lipids are fats that protect the film from the evaporation of moisture.
- The median layer, which is formed fromLacrimal fluid. The task of this layer in nutrition, the protection of the cornea, as well as it performs a certain visual function, because the presence of this layer changes the refraction.
- Mucinous or mucous layer, which is densely connected to the cornea. This layer protects the cornea and forms the basis for the two first layers of the protective film.
In addition, in the healthy eye constantlyContains a small amount of tear fluid, it wipes the eye when blinking. Lacrimal fluid consists of very complex elements, it is produced by a whole group of jeans. Every day, 2 ml of tear fluid is produced, but this is if a person is in a normal emotional state, but as soon as an emotional shock occurs, the number of tears is much more. In addition to the fact that a lacrimal liquid is produced, there is also a system of outflow from the eye of excess moisture. With the help of a tear duct, excess tears flow into the nasal cavity, especially when it is weeping, because there always appear discharge from the nose. Moreover, thanks to this outflow system, the tear fluid is constantly renewed and performs the function of feeding the cornea.
Causes of Dry-eye Syndrome
To the development of the syndrome of dry eye can leadAny changes in the production or outflow of lacrimal fluid. This can include a non-uniform distribution of the protective film over the cornea, a disturbance of the formation of the lacrimal fluid, a poor-quality film (for example, a very thin lipid layer, which will inevitably lead to drying out).
Various diseases and circumstances may also be the cause of the appearance of dry eye syndrome.
The most common causes of dry eye syndrome:
- Parkinson's disease.
- Violation of the mode of operation with a laptop orComputer. With this reason of development, the syndrome follows several other synonyms: computer visual syndrome, eye syndrome, and so on.
- Contact lenses that were improperly selected.
- Hormonal failure, for example, with the onset of menopause.
- Avitaminosis, especially here is the violation of the fat-soluble vitamins (A).
- Bad ecological environment.
- Systemic diseases, during which there is a release of connective tissue.
- Some medicines, here also include antihypertensives.
Age also has a very strong impact on developmentThis is an anomaly, and it can become, if not the cause, another factor contributing to its appearance, because the more a person is, the more often such problems occur. About 30% of people over the age of 40 years are subject to the development of dry eye syndrome. Moreover, women face this illness more often than men, because of the direct dependence of the production of tear fluid from hormones and less stability of the hormonal background.
Symptoms of dry eye syndrome
Now you will see the symptoms that are related to dry eye syndrome.
- Rezi and burning sensation in the eyes.
- Poor tolerance of concentrated air, winds of smoke.
- Elevated tear, as it at first glance seemed paradoxical. Inactivity is a compensatory mechanism that triggers the body to eliminate the dryness of the cornea.
- Redness of the eyes, especially after classes, which require tension.
- Pain when dropping eyes with drops of any composition, dazheemi, which have no irritants.
There are several clinical forms of dry eye syndrome, which are distinguished depending on the degree of manifestation of symptoms: severe, medium, mild and extremely severe.
Diagnosis of dry eye syndrome
To diagnose dry eye syndromeSeveral directions are necessary: to examine the cornea to determine dry foci, at the same time special color solutions are used. After that, the production of the lacrimal gland and its outflow are thoroughly examined with the help of special samples. Specialists conduct a full ophthalmological examination, which includes the examination of the composition of the lacrimal gland in the laboratory. If the doctor suspected that the dry eye syndrome developed as a result of endocrine or systemic diseases, then endocrinological and immunological examinations are conducted accordingly.
How to treat dry eye syndrome?
The dry eye syndrome is treated depending on the cause of its appearance, and the treatment can be carried out using one of the following methods or their combination:
- Reduced evaporation of tear fluid.
- Obstruction of outflow of tear fluid.
- Stimulation of lacrimal gland production.
- Replenishment of tear fluid by artificial means.
The most effective method of treating the syndrome of dryThe eye, with its medium and heavy form, is an obstruction of the outflow of the lacrimal fluid. You can come to this with the help of two methods - promptly, that is, the lacrimal gland is obstructed, in general, their intersection, as a result of which the liquid no longer enters the cavity and orthopedic - a special obturator is made, a miniature "plug" that covers the tear duct. The second method is now used more often and specialists prefer it more for the treatment of dry eye syndrome, because there are no reversible changes, the current silicone, which is used to make the obturator, does not cause any allergy, and so it is required to do no operations.
In many cases, when the syndrome of dryGlaucoma is not detected, Arogovica dries up due to improperly organized work with books or a computer, then treatment is carried out with drops called artificial tears. Regularly at work, every two or three hours the doctor is recommended to instill such drops with dry eye syndrome, after which a few minutes to let the eyes relax from the exercises.
It should also be noted that even in the lightestCases when it seems that the ailment is insignificant, you need to see a doctor and exercise the treatment of dry eye syndrome, because if you do not take anything, then not only will it not go away, it will also lead to heavy diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva, after which the vision can be Can not be saved at all.