Pregnancy and pets
Pregnancy and the dog
In general, the dog can not do any harm andCreate a risk of disrupting your health of the health of a crumb while you are hatching it. If you are the owner of a large dog, then do not allow her to jump the lapamine stomach when sitting in a chair or lie down.
The dog will need to pay special attention when the baby is born, because it is the kids that attract the dogs, and then they are the victims of their bites.
To create a more secure environment for your baby, you and your dog, follow the helpful rules:
- Think about what your dog likesMost of all, think about her habits that can harm the baby and create certain problems. To avoid this, try to get rid of these habits even before the birth.
- Begin to prepare the dog for the fact that there is a difference between her toys and the toys of the child, do not let her touch the kiddies of the future baby.
- Do not forget that a dog is a faithful animal,So after you in the family will be replenished and the baby will begin to pay more attention, it can begin to manifest the rarity. Remember that with the advent of the child the dog has not gone anywhere, try to play with it, pay attention to it. Accustom your pet to play with the child.
- When the baby will contact or communicate with the dog, watch this closely. Do not leave your child alone with a dog.
Pregnancy and the cat
The greatest danger that canGive the cat is an infection that is called toxoplasmosis. This threat is due to contact with the kalomkoshki. Fluffy animals that walk on the street, very often carry a toxoplasmosis, and cats that are kept only in the premises suffer less often.
If a woman had immunity to this infectionPregnancy, then, the baby is in complete safety. If a woman for a long time is the owner of a cat, then she acquires immunity to this disease.
When infection with toxoplasmosis in the interval between10 and 24 weeks, there is a risk of serious consequences for the baby about 5-6%. What are the serious consequences? Disturbances of the eye, premature birth, fever, convulsions, mental retardation, low birth weight, jaundice, abnormal head size.
In the third trimester, a woman has a greater risk of contracting this infection, but the risk that the fetus will be damaged decreases because most of the important events have already occurred.
Contact with cat feces is most likelyWhen cleaning or changing the tray. If you are pregnant, then it is best to entrust this procedure to someone else, because it is dangerous not only for you, but in the first line for your child.
To avoid hazards during bearing, adhere to simple rules:
- If you keep a cat or a cat and plan to become a mother, then first of all you need to verify your immunity to toxoplasmosis. To do this, you need to do a regular blood test.
- If you have some kind of work in the garden, you can cope with your cat's needs, do not forget to wear gloves.
- Do not try to change or clean the tray independently, ask someone from the family to do it for you.
- Always look at how the child communicates with the cat, do not leave them alone.
- Be sure to inform the doctor thatUvas there is a cat or a cat. If you are pregnant and have caught an infection of toxoplasmosis, then you need to carry out treatment to reduce the likelihood of infecting the baby.
Pregnancy and Exotic Animals
Turtles, snakes, frogs, iguanas, lizards, andOther amphibians are irretrievable - these are exotic pets that can also inflict damage on you during the gestation period. Upon contact with the feces of these animals, infection with salmonella may occur, and it negatively affects the course of pregnancy.
Especially prone to infection and transmissionBacterial infection of Salmonella children under the age of five. In small children immunity is poorly developed, so when the cliffs contact unusual animals, the child's health is threatened. Unfortunately, nothing can be done in this case, except how to remove amphibians and reptiles from the dwelling, until the baby is five years old.
If you still do not want to get rid of your favorite exotic pet, then stick to the safety rules for you and your baby:
- Always wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap after any contact with exotic animals and their cells.
- Never allow amphibians of ireptilia to be present near food products and generally in the kitchen.
- Never bathe reptiles or clean-shots inSink in the kitchen. It is best if you clean the cell on the street, but if you do this in the bathroom, then after the procedure, disinfect it.
- Do not allow the baby to approach the exotic animals and their cells.
- Do not let the exotic animals out of the cage, so they can not walk around the apartment freely.
Pregnancy and poultry
If you own a bird and know thatOnazdorov, then you can not worry, such pets are no danger to a future child. Birds can transmit some protozoal infections: chlamydia, salmonella and ikampilobacter - these infections can be dangerous to humans. In order not to get infected, the bird should be shown to the veterinarian so that he can determine how much the bird is.
There are such kinds of birds, for example, cockatoos, which are quite dirty. To remove dandruff and dust from the air, it is necessary to constantly apply the room.
Adhere to some of the safety rules during bearing:
- Tell the doctor that you are pregnant and have a bird at home.
- Be sure to take the bird to an appointment with the veterinarian, inform him that you are pregnant, it is necessary that he should understand how serious the situation is.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly with warm water after handling any contact with the bird and its cage.
- Do not you dare clean the cage yourself, let someone else do it.
- Pay special attention to the safety of birds: keep lotions, powder for children, dirty diapers and aerosols must be away from the bird, because it can harm it.