Urinary incontinence in women. Part 2. Treatment
A study of this nature is quite expensiveIs not only a patient, but also the medical institution itself. Thus, the diagnosis of the disease only if surgery is necessary surgically or when the conservative treatment does not yield any results in order to clarify the causes of the disease.
Urodynamic testing provides an opportunityget all the existing information about how the woman's bladder functions. This method of diagnostics is applied only when all previous tests did not answer the doctor's questions, that is, the cause of urine leakage was not determined, and if the doctor suspects that the patient has mixed urinary incontinence. Tests that can be included in a study of nature sometimes change. The doctor can direct you to such diagnostic manipulations:
Cystometrography (cystometry, uroflowmetry) is a series of tests to determine the pressure in the bladder at different degrees of its fullness. With cystometry, you can find out the following:
- maximum compressive strength of the urethra, which indicates normal pressure for complete closure of the urethral lumen;
- Pressure leak, which determines how much the sphincter muscle is compressed, while it is possible to retain urine.
Ultrasound diagnosis or x-ray, withwhich determines a residual fluid in the urinary bladder after urinal descent. Such diagnostic methods make it possible to determine the position of the urethra and bladder in tension, coughing and urination.
If by all methods that we are alreadyExamined, it was not possible to find out the cause of urinary incontinence in a woman, then apply more extensive tests. Studies, which we will consider further, apply only to certain patients with urinary incontinence.
Cystoscopy is the application of a thin endoscope to study the internal structures of the bladder and urethra.
Cystourethrogram is an x-rayA diagnostic method that is used in an empty bladder with a contrast that contains iodine to get a snapshot of the inner walls of the urethra and bladder. With this test, you can identify all physical defects in the lower part of the urinary system that are associated with urinary incontinence in a woman.
How is incontinence treated in women?
There are several ways to treat this disease. The best treatment is fighting with the cause of urinary incontinence, while taking into account the health condition of the patient.
Important features of the treatment
- Basically, urinary incontinence can be controlled or cured.
- Many women who experience incontinencepressure, begin to feel better after lifestyle changes, observing the schedule of emanations, the use of devices such as pessaries, Kegel exercises. If there is no change in treatment, they begin to treat incontinence surgically.
- If incontinence occurs because ofirresistible urge, then you should again train the bladder so that it normally works. Drugs in this can help, even though there are some undesirable effects.
Change the style of the life of the exercise
Kegel's movements can help every woman,suffering from the incontinence of urine, regardless of the type of ailment. Such exercises help to strengthen the pelvic muscles, which help urge the release of urine, it is especially useful to do such exercises with incontinence. It is important to carry out regular and regular movements so that the result does not wait for you.
Kegel exercises can be combined with techniquefeedback to make sure that the patient trains those muscles that you need. You can control it like this: the finger of the hand should be inserted into the vagina so that the force of the contractions of the pelvic floor muscles is sensed. To prevent urinary incontinence when you cough or sneeze, you should immediately strain the muscles of the pelvic floor several times. You can also cross your legs.
Perhaps you need to get rid of extra pounds to cope with incontinence.
You can try to change your lifestyle byincontinence. Try to identify foods that irritate the bladder and not consume them, for example, chocolate, spices, vinegar, citrus, dairy products, tomatoes. Try not to drink caffeine and alcohol.
There are three types of habits replacement for the treatment of urinary incontinence: urination stimulation, bladder training and urination pogram.
Pessary is a rubber device thatinserted into the vagina to the cervix to create an additional pressure and support the urethra through the muscle wall. Moreover, such a device allows the urethra to remain in the closed position, and the liquid in the bladder. Pessary is especially useful for incontinence. Many women actively use it at active actions, for example, when jogging. Many pessaries can be used all the time. However, when applying this method, care should be taken in the genitourinary system for infections. It is necessary constantly to be surveyed by the attending physician.
There are several types of surgeriescharacter that treat incontinence in women who are associated with weak pelvic floor muscles. For all operations, there is one goal - to bring the organs of the urinary system into the normal state. After that, sneezing, laughter and cough very rarely lead to urinary incontinence.
When urge incontinence resorted to stimulating the sacral nervous system, if other methods do not bring the desired effect.
Before resorting to surgery, you need to accurately put the diagnosis, go through other treatments and correctly understand the benefits of surgical intervention.
How to protect yourself from developing urinary incontinence?
To reduce the risk of developing this disease:
- maintain a healthy body weight;
- do not smoke, because because of this, women cough, and this increases the risk of urinary incontinence;
- constantly train the muscles of the pelvic floor.
How to fight urine retention on your own at home?
If you have urinary incontinence, then you can start to fight against this disease.
- Make a schedule of urination with a period of 4 or 2 hours, it all depends on your personal needs.
- Go to the doctor's office and talk to him about all the medicines that you take. Some medicines can only increase incontinence.
- Start a diary where you will write downall-symptoms and manifestations of the disease, the circumstances and situations in which urine leakage occurs. So the doctor will be most aware of your situation and will be able to help you faster.
- If such a problem arose withtimely visiting the toilet while urinating urine, then you need to think about how to get to the toilet faster. Wearing clothes that is quickly and easily removed. If there is no such possibility, then keep the pot or duck near the bed.
- Do not drink beverages with caffeine (energy drinks, teas, coffee).
- Do not drink alcohol.
- If you make active movements, then use a tampon, for example, when jogging or dancing.
- Try to drink a normal amount of fluid, notmany and not a few. If there is a lack of fluid in the body, dehydration may occur. With excess water, the need for urination increases and becomes stronger.
Stopping or reducing the incontinence may be additional measures. However, you need to remember that in order to notice the result you need time and regular execution.
- Every day, strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor with Kegel's draining.
- If you have extra weight, then take care of yourself. Remember that the most effective weight loss is not strict diets, proper nutrition and exercise.
- Do not allow constipation.
- If you smoke, then try to get rid of this habit.