At what age do you need vitamins?
How much is the vitamin?
Throughout our life, the body's need forThe vitamin is small. And this is not surprising. Children always need more vitamins per kilogram, because they are constantly growing and developing. But due to the fact that the weight of children is small, the figures are small. When a child reaches 10-11 years of age, he needs almost the same amount of vitamins as his parents.
Women need a little less vitamins thanMen. This is due to the fact that we girls weigh less, and our growth is also less. The exception is the period of pregnancy and lactation. At this time, our body needs about 10-30% of vitamins more to make it possible, and the future child.
With age by 10-20%, the need forVitamins, because the metabolism in our body slows down. But they are worse absorbed. Therefore, many doctors do not lower the dosage for people over 50 years old. And the dosages of some vitamins are even magnified. For example, vitamin K. After 50 years it is worse synthesized by ourorganism. Recall that this vitamin is responsible for blood coagulability.
Let's take a closer look at what vitamins, in what age we are especially needed.
Under 35 years old
If you fall into the category of people who are not yet 35 years old, special attention should be paid to the following vitamins:
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol). This vitamin is important for both women and men. It promotes the normal production of spermatozoa in men. For women, however, it is necessary for conception and bearing of the fetus during pregnancy. In addition, vitamin E is a potent antioxidant. Studies have shown that if every day to receive this vitamin from the products in the right amount, you can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases by 25-30% and improve mental performance by 36%. Also, this vitamin reduces the risk of cancer. Vitamin E is found in fats of vegetable origin. For example, in sunflower oil, soy, mustard, peanut, olive. In addition, it can be found in sprouts, leafy greens and sunflower seeds.
- Vitamin B9 (Sun, folacin, folic acid). This vitamin is very important for the nervous system and development of the baby's brain. If a pregnant or lactating woman does not receive enough, the newborn will have problems with the nervous system. For adults, this vitamin is equally important. Folacin is necessary for the normal functioning of digestive, nervous and hematopoietic systems. Find this vitamin can be in the leaves of green plants. A total of 500 waxes of any salad contains a daily norm of B9. It is also found in the broccoli, asparagus, spinach, brussels sprouts, meat products (especially vovyazhye or pork liver), cottage cheese, pulses, yeast and whole grains.
- Vitamin B6 - this is a whole three vitamins, united by oneTitle. They play a huge role in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins. Only 80 mg of vitamin B6 per day can reduce the risk of myocardial infarction by 32%. To get the most benefit from this vitamin, it must be drunk with folic acid. Most of all vitamin B6 is found in unrefined cereals, by-products and liver. Good B6 is absorbed from meat, especially from chicken liver. From cereals and legumes, it is digested worse, although in these products it contains a lot. When heat treated, it collapses. Therefore, it is better to eat raw vegetables and fruits, for example bananas. 100 g of bananas contain 400 μg of B6.
35-45 years old
At this age, the first deep wrinkles and health problems begin to appear. Therefore, in addition to the above vitamins, it is necessary to take more and more:
- Vitamin A (Retinol and beta-carotene) - is simply indispensable forGood vision, normal cell division, as well as hair, skin and nails. Regular use of this vitamin leads to a reduction in the risk of cardiovascular disease, and also increases the activity of immune cells. Find this vitamin is only possible in products of animal origin: by-products, yolks, butter. Overdose of this vitamin is very harmful for health - the work of the nervous and digestive systems may be disrupted. Therefore, do not take higher doses of vitamin A. Beta-carotene, in contrast to retinol, is absolutely safe. It contains orange and yellow vegetables, as well as greens. To beta-carotene better absorbed, it must be eaten with fats: sunflower oil, sour cream and so on.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid). The older we become, the more we need this vitamin. Ascorbic acid is able to increase the level of "good" cholesterol in the blood by 13%, and to reduce the "bad" cholesterol by 17%. People from a regular lack of vitamin C increase the risk of stroke. But if you use it regularly in the right quantities, then this will improve the production of collagen fibers (due to this, slowing the formation of wrinkles). Vitamin C is easy to find. It is found in raw cabbage, red pepper, greens, citrus.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) - enhances the effect of vitamin C andHelps to increase efficiency. And all thanks to the fact that he is involved in the processing of proteins, fats, carbohydrates and in the blood. Those who do not lack VT vitamin B12 have good memory and attention. This vitamin is only in products of animal origin: fish, meat, pork and beef liver. If you adhere to vegetarianism, then you must additionally take this vitamin to avoid health problems.
Older than 45
- Vitamin D - is needed for the assimilation of calcium, whichHelps to strengthen the bones. Also, regular intake of vitamin D reduces the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. This vitamin is produced by exposure to sunlight. Therefore it is necessary to be in the sun every day. In products it can only be found in yolks and fish oil.
- Vitamin K is important for normal clottingBlood imineralization of bones and teeth. It is synthesized in the intestines, but it gets worse with age. Therefore, to provide a daily rate of vitamin K, you need to eat more spinach, liver and veal.
- Vitamin B3 (nicotinamide, niacin, PP) is an energy element. With his deficiency, muscle weakness develops. You can take this vitamin from fish, dairy products, meat, grain bread and cereals.
What vitamins are better: From natural products or pharmacy? Scientists are still arguing. After all, of the products, the daily intake of vitamin is more difficult to obtain than from the pharmacy. But in this case, some synthetic forms of vitamins can have the opposite effect with long-term admission. Also in the case of pharmacy vitamins can happen an overdose, which eliminates the use of natural products.