What you need to know about braces?
What is the right bite for?
The right bite is necessary not only forAesthetic kind of smile, it also affects many other functions of the body. For example, the speech, the clarity of its sound, the ability to pronounce sounds and so on. Another bite affects the chewing function - the quality of chewing food. On this depends the work of our gastrointestinal tract. If you have a wrong bite, the teeth will often suffer from orthopedic diseases, caries and much more. To correct the bite, braces are used. They can be installed at any age.
Principle of operation of the bracket system
The principle of operation is very simple: the arcs create pressure on the braces, and the braces themselves press on the dentition. As a result, the teeth begin to move to a specific place and through time are fixed there.
Types of braces
Today, the breech-systems are of different kinds. They are divided according to the location in the oral cavity and depending on the design (material production).
Types of braces for production material:
- Metal braces are the very first type of braces,Which for today is the most used. Their advantage is that they are inexpensive due to their simple construction. Braces made of metal are not so whimsical in care, like braces made of ceramics or sapphire. Most often they are made of steel, titanium and even gold. The strongest are titanium.
- Ceramic braces are good for people,Who are engaged in the business sphere, and who want to make wearing a bracket system invisible to others. Ceramic braces are almost transparent, therefore merge with the color of the teeth. They do not have a metallic taste. However, their price is slightly higher than that of metal ones.
- Sapphire bobket systems are even less noticeable thanCeramic. After all, pure sapphire, from which they are made, is absolutely transparent. Their main advantage is that they are absolutely safe and do not cause allergies, and also they do not affect diction. The price of such braces is an average of a couple of thousand more expensive than ceramic braces.
- Plastic bricks are not too practical. Despite their low price, they are very rarely used in practice for many reasons. First, they are too fragile. Secondly, they are colored from food, coffee, tea, smoking and various drinks. Third, they are quickly erased. Of the pros, perhaps, we can only note that they are almost not noticeable on the teeth and they can be painted in the right color. Many adolescents and children like colored braces.
Sometimes, in practice, apply combined species,Such as cermet. In such cases, the front part of the teeth, which is visible to the surrounding people, is set up with ceramics, and the aileron of the posterior teeth uses metal.
Types of braces in the oral cavity:
- All of the above types of bracket systems forStructures are vestibular. They attach to the outer part of the dentition and serve to correct the bite or dentition. Vestibular braces are the most common thanks to an affordable price. Such braces are attached to the teeth with a super-strong adhesive, which will not allow germs to get on the teeth. However, despite this, owners of such braces need to carefully follow the occluding oral cavity.
- Linguistic bracers - the complete oppositeVestibular. They are attached from the inner side of the dentition. Their main advantage is complete invisibility to the people around them. But they have a very strong influence on diction, and it's difficult to get used to such braces. To make such a bracket system, you do not need to make individual shakes. However, their price is very high.
How to prepare yourself for wearing braces. Can I bring them to pregnant women?
Before installing the bracket system, you needundergo a number of mandatory procedures. Vnenachaetsya with the fact that you make a panoramic shot of the entire jaw. This will allow the doctor to thoroughly study the location of the teeth and plan their further alignment. Each patient needs an individual approach, since everyone has different problems. After the picture, the doctor reveals the pathology. If they are, then it is completely cured (caries, paradantosis, tartar, holes in the teeth and so on). Sometimes it is necessary to remove some teeth (even healthy ones). If you have teeth, they are necessarily removed. This is necessary to ensure that in the future the teeth are not moved the dentition, and all teeth are in place. Often before, how to prepare an individual braces-system, the dentist conducts fluoridation of teeth.
Braces can be installed at any age almostall without restrictions. But there are some contraindications to the installation: pregnancy (1, 2 and 9 months), neuropsychological diseases, blood diseases, malignant tumors, tuberculosis, HIV, AIDS and other diseases.
Wearing braces and care for them
Immediately after you installBracket system, the doctor will tell you in detail and show how kyekesredstva hygiene should be used (special rinses and solutions, toothbrushes for braces, wax, etc.). If you do not understand something from the first day, do not hesitate to ask again. This is important - the correct health will depend on the health of your teeth.
Immediately prepare for the fact that after installationbraces you will have to change your diet (especially in the first month). You can not eat solid (apples, meat, nuts), cold, hot food. It is also better to refuse from viscous food (chewing gum, toffee). If you have installed ceramic or sapphire braces, it is not recommended to drink coloring drinks (coffee, tea, juices). After each meal, the teeth must be cleaned and rinsed thoroughly.
The first few weeks in the mouth will be feltdiscomfort and the presence of a foreign body. You will feel the pressure of braces and even pain. But it soon passes, and modern you will not even pay attention to it. When the teeth begin to move to another place, they will be slightly unsteady. Do not be afraid, this is normal. If uvas will have any problems while wearing braces, immediately turn to the dentist. It's easier to fix the problem right away, rather than to treat it in its faded form.
And what about braces?
Immediately after the bracket system you will be installedRetainer. The container is a thin wire that is attached from the inside to the teeth and protects them against backfiring. It is worn for several years (two to six). He is imperceptible on his teeth and does not cause any discomfort.
For some, braces are a test. But it's worth it. As a result, you will get the perfect Hollywood smile, which many people dream about.