Uzi small pelvis in women
At the moment, ultrasound diagnosisHas been used for almost half a century. During this time, it has passed more than one stage of development, from the moment when its results were almost not believed, until the period when its possibilities were evaluated for the dignity and ubiquity of this method. Today it is hardly possible to imagine medicine without the use of ultrasound diagnosis.
The ultrasonic method of tomography is based onThe same principle as echo sounders, that is, on the phenomenon of reflection of an ultrasonic wave from the viscera of the body. Reflected waves are captured by a special sensor, after which, based on the readings of this sensor, a planar image of the tissues and organs through which the wave passes is constructed.
On which day of the cycle is it necessary to conduct ultrasound?
If it is necessary to diagnose the presence of variousFormations in the small pelvis, such as ovarian cyst, uterine fibroids, ovarian fibroids and others, the day of the menstrual cycle does not matter for the passage of ultrasound, especially if the doctor is highly qualified.
In some cases, in order to successfully conductDifferential diagnosis, you may need a dynamic ultrasound control, that is, you will need to conduct several ultrasound examinations at different, prescribed by the doctor, days.
Dynamic control is alsoCarrying out a stimulation procedure to control the growth of the endometrium and follicles, as well as when registering ovulation. The most relevant is in cases where there is a pathology of the endometrium (hyperplasia, polyps) or functional ovarian cysts. In these cases, the diagnosis can be made only after several procedures of ultrasound.
Types of ultrasound
There are three types of ultrasound:
- Transabdominal examination. With it, the examination is carried out through the abdominal front wall. With this type of research, it is necessary that the bladder is complete - thanks to this, you can clearly see the necessary organs. Such a study is carried out mainly only with the diagnosis of the abdominal cavity organs and formations in the small pelvis.
- Vaginal examination. With him, as can be understood from the name, the sensor is inserted into the patient's vagina. At this type of examination, it is necessary that the bladder is empty. Basically this type is used with a careful examination of organs located in the pelvic area.
- Transrectal. In this case, the sensor is placed in the rectum. This type of study is used in cases where the girl is a virgin, or in men in the diagnosis of the condition of organs and tissues of the pelvis.
There is also Doppler ultrasound, it is necessary for diagnosing blood supply problems in the tissues and organs under investigation.
What can be seen with ultrasound of pelvic organs in women?
If the ultrasound procedure is performed correctly, you can see:
- The cervix and the body of the uterus;
- The rectum;
- Fallopian tubes (only if there is a pathology).
Terms and indications for the use of ultrasoundStudies of the pelvic area are appointed mainly by a doctor who examines you. It should be remembered that most reproductive system diseases in women can not manifest themselves at all, especially at the initial stages of their development, therefore it is recommended to undergo this examination at least once a year.
In conclusion, we can say that at the momentUltrasound tomography of the pelvic organs is one of the most informative, accessible, safe and economical methods of diagnosing female health.