- Solve puzzles and solve unusualtasks. Scientists have long established that solving crosswords, puzzles and sudoku reduces the risk of senile dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Do not like sudoku? No problem, just try to solve the everyday tasks in a new way: instead of the usual text report, make a presentation, master new computer programs or embroidery with a cross. In other words, do not allow the brain to fall into a routine, do not let it be lazy.
- Constantly load your brain with work. Throughout life, the state of our brain is constantly changing. Every day a person loses 85,000 neurons and, if he does not create as many new ones, his brain degrades. To old age this is fraught with various physical and mental disabilities. New neurons are created during the memorization of information, gaining new skills, reading and even computer games (because there you need to learn a lot of rules). Anyway, brain development is impossible without a constant load. Distract from the TV and read the book, in old age your brain will say thank you very much for it.
- Lead an active lifestyle. The work of the brain is connected, first of all, with the mental and spiritual life of a person. However, from this he does not cease to be the organ of our physical body. Moreover, the work of the brain, like no other organ, depends on the intensity of blood circulation and the degree of saturation of blood with oxygen. Daily walks in the open air and physical exercises allow the brain to function more efficiently and support it in tone.
- Get enough sleep regularly. Doctors recommend sleeping at least 7.5 hours a day, in exceptional cases it is permissible for 7 hours. Duration of sleep less than 7 hours a day means a lack of sleep, which in some people can become chronic. First of all, the nervous system and the brain suffer from lack of sleep. Have you noticed that after a short night could be difficult to understand? This is not his whim, but a sign of fatigue, which must be removed next night. Chronic overfatigue of the brain, like any other organ, invariably results in its degradation.
- Maintain the brain with a special diet. To feed the brain, foods rich in antioxidants (red wine), omega-3 acids (nuts, seeds, forest and garden berries, grapes) and carbohydrates (chocolate, baked goods) are extremely useful. The more active the brain, the more it needs special food. Do not forget - this is the same organ of our body as the heart, liver or spleen, for example, and therefore keep it without recharging with energy and necessary substances categorically impossible.
- Try to communicate more with other people. According to the research of American neurophysiologists, it is the process of communication that involves the most parts of the brain, contributes to the emergence of new neurons and, in general, activates the brain. Talking is like a morning exercise for the brain.
Caring for maintaining the brain in an active stateIt seems not the most important task in life, especially when you are young and active. After all, the brain never hurts and does not cause inconvenience. However, there is nothing more terrible than to face with such common diseases as dementia, memory loss or Alzheimer's disease in old age. To prevent this from happening, take care of your brain every day.