The back hurts during pregnancy
The reasons for which the back hurts during pregnancy
- Violation of balance. The longer the gestation period, the stronger the center of gravity of the woman's body moves forward, which leads to a strong strain on the back muscles, which can not adapt to such a position.
- Hormonal changes and hyperexertion of muscles. Intervertebral ligaments and previously immobile pelvic joints under the influence of a hormone like relaxin gradually begin to expand and relax, which is accompanied by painful sensations at the bottom of the back and into the pelvis. The pains caused by this cause usually stop by the end of 19 weeks. Also, as a result of the growth of the fetus, the peritoneum muscles become weaker and stretch, which increases the load on the dorsal muscles.
- Incorrect posture. In order to compensate for the movement of the center of gravity, the pregnant unconsciously begins to pull back the shoulders, protruding the stomach, which leads to a strong arching of the spine, which reacts to this by the appearance of painful sensations.
- Body weight increase. The increase in weight goes on increasing with the development of pregnancy, which increases the burden on the legs and lower back. If a woman is forced to stand or sit for a long time, then the body reacts with the appearance of pain in the back.
- The growth of the uterus. As the delivery approaches, the size of the uterus increases and begins to exert pressure on the vessels and nerve endings around the spine. This is especially strong in the prone position in late pregnancy.
- The habit of wearing high heels can alsoTo promote the appearance of back pain, because high heels significantly increase the burden on the spine. During pregnancy, it is recommended that they be discarded.
- If previously there were problems with musculoskeletalApparatus, it can also provoke the appearance of pain. It can be such problems as hernia, osteochondrosis, sciatica, hernia, curvature of the spine, weak pelvic muscles. Therefore, it is recommended to inform the doctor and follow his prescriptions about the fact of having previously such diseases.
In most cases, pain in the backOccur in the second trimester of pregnancy, although in some cases they can make themselves known about themselves much earlier. As a rule, this applies to those women who, for one reason or another, are forced to stay in one position for a long time. In this case, the pain is usually aching, dull and increases at a time when the pregnant woman is trying to get up.
If the birth is close, then the pain may increase due to the fact that the baby's head presses on the bottom of the spine.
What to do to help the back
First of all, you need to sit as comfortable as possible. The optimal position is the posture, when the knees are located above the level of the waist, for which you can put a roller under them. For the back is best to put a small pillow that will fill the bend of the waist, thereby letting the muscles relax in this area. It is highly discouraged to stand on your feet for a long period of time.
Late pregnancy should not be longLie on your back. It's best to lie on your side, and place a pillow between your legs. This position helps to relieve the load from the dorsal muscles, and also helps to relax the whole body.
If there is a need to raise something withSex, it is strictly forbidden to lean forward with a straightened back, it is better to squat, and then get up. If you squat hard - ask others to help.
Carefully watch your weight - it is not recommended to gain more than 12 kg during pregnancy.
Many doctors advise to wear a supportingBandage, which contributes to a more correct distribution of the load from the abdomen and relieves part of the tension from the dorsal muscles. However, supporting corsets can not be worn at all - they contribute to the development of muscle atrophy and impaired circulation. If there is a desire to take any remedy that alleviates the pain, you should consult a doctor before that, since taking many medications during pregnancy is contraindicated.