What to do if you burn with boiling water?
In the home you can get burns of three degrees: First, second and third. In the first case, reddening of the skin occurs, and occasionally small bubbles appear. At the second degree of burn there are large open blisters that can not be opened in any case. In the third case, the deep tissues are damaged.
If a second- or third-degree burn, or if more than ten percent of the skin surface is damaged, you should immediately consult a doctor who will prescribe adequate treatment.
- The first thing to do is not to allow panic.
- Next, you need to remove clothing, which got hot water or hot food.
- If possible, the surface of the skin, whereThere was a burn, it is necessary to lower for a while (up to 20 minutes) in a container with cool water. Water should be just cool, not ice, otherwise the victim may suffer a shock from the sudden cooling.
- If there is no container, then the area of skin with a burn can be substituted for a tap of water from the tap, the water should also not be too cold and the cooling time should not exceed 20 minutes.
- Cooling with water can be carried out only if the skin is not damaged.
- If the burn is small, then you can apply bandages to the damaged area, which should be moistened beforehand in cold water.
- To prevent the formation of a burn at the site of the swelling, or it was of a small size, you should place the limb with a burn in a raised position - you can put it on a blanket or pillow.
- After all these actions, you should apply medication. Well suited means such as Olazol or Panthenol.
- To avoid infection of the wound,Surface of burns apply an aseptic bandage. If sterile factory material is not available, then you can use a clean ironed cotton cloth.
- If there are no special medicines forThere is no treatment for burns, then for a period until the patient is transported to a medical facility, the burn should simply be covered with a sterile bandage so as not to infect the wound.
Providing assistance, in no case can notUse kefir, sour cream, fats or oils, as they only exacerbate the situation, increasing the burn, as a result, the patient's condition will only worsen. In addition, the probability of complications and the appearance of gross scars increases.
Folk remedies for burns
There is a large number of folk remedies,They are designed to eliminate discomfort in burns. At the same time, means are used, which practically everyone has at hand. Let's consider them in more detail.
- Decoction from the bark of oak. To prepare the broth take crushed oak bark (40 g) and pour it with a glass of boiling water. Then boil on low heat for five to seven minutes, after which the broth is cooled and filtered through gauze. The broth is well suited for treating burns and creating lotions.
- Fresh potatoes. Several large potatoes should be washed, peeled and cut into a small grater. After this, the grated potatoes are applied to the burn site. When burned with boiling water, this method of assisting is the most common.
- Black or green tea. The advantage of this method is that these drinks are in every house, which makes it also very common. Tea must be brewed and cooled to 13-15 degrees Celsius. After that, the baked places should be poured with cold, then the burns should be tightly bandaged. The dressing should also be drunk with tea brew.
- Also helps with burns with boiling water, aloe juice, which thoroughly impregnate the bandage and moisten the burn area.
- Another way is to use ordinary cabbage. It is necessary to take cabbage leaves and apply for several hours on the burned skin area.
- It is necessary to grate the carrots and put it on the gauze bandage, which then should be applied to the burned areas of the skin.