Vitamin C: useful properties
What is fraught with a lack of vitamin C
Lack of vitamin has a very seriouseffects. So, his shortage is mainly observed in people with asthma. Low vitamin content contributes to the development of eye cataracts. Women suffering from cervical dysplasia and people who have found fistula or Crohn's disease also have a deficiency of vitamin C. A strong vitamin deficiency can lead to the development of osteoarthritis.
Also, if you remember, in the past centuries fromLack of vitamin C developed a disease that carried with it the lives of many sailors - scurvy. With this disease, the gums swelled and bleed, then the teeth fell out, bleeding occurred under the skin and joints. The ill person suffered from ulcers, attacking infections, weight loss and overwork. As a result, a person died. Now this disease is very rare, like a reminder of past times.
How useful is Vitamin C
Vitamin C is constantly involved in biochemicalProcesses of the organism, fulfilling its functional duties, thereby showing all its useful properties. Consider the important functions of ascorbic acid and reveal its secrets.
- Vitamin C is a very strong antioxidant. Its task is to control the oxidation-reduction processes of the human body, to prevent the effects of free radicals on the components of cells and the cell membrane. Also ascorbic is involved in the restoration of vitamins A and E, which are also antioxidants.
- Vitamin C performs a building function in the body. It is simply indispensable in the synthesis of procollagen and collagen, which in turn participate in the creation of connective tissue of the body.
- The protective function of vitamin C is responsible for the state of immunity of the body, for its resistance to various diseases and viruses. The more the vitamin content in the body, the stronger the immune system.
- Detoxification function. Ascorbic excellently neutralizes various toxic substances, such as tobacco smoke, toxins of viruses and bacteria, heavy metals.
- Vitamin C is indispensable in the synthesis by the body of various hormones (including adrenaline) and enzymes.
- Anti-atherosclerotic function. Vitamin C, while in the body, affects harmful cholesterol (it is in very low and low density lipoproteins), reducing its content. But at the same time there is an increase in the amount of useful cholesterol in the body, as a result of which the deposition of atherosclerotic plaques slows down or completely ceases at the walls of the vessels.
- Vitamin C is involved in the proper synthesis of hemoglobin, because Promotes a more complete absorption of iron in the digestive tract.
If we speak in human language, and notTerms, our beloved vitamin C not only protects us from infections, it also promotes healing of wounds, is responsible for the health of teeth and bones, prevents the development of the following diseases: stroke, cancer of various organs, various heart diseases. In addition, he normalizes cholesterol, blood pressure, which reduces the likelihood of hypertension, prevents angina and heart failure, removes heavy metals from the body. Including lead. And this is extremely important, especially for children.
Where and how much to take
The usual daily intake for children is40 mg of vitamin C, for adults - 40-60 mg. For mothers, especially those who are nursing, the daily figure is 100 mg of vitamin C. But the recommended dose is 100, 200 and 400-600 mg per day of vitamin C, respectively. Useful qualities of the vitamin with this dose will be most effective.
In a large quantity of ascorbic acidIs in parsley, fresh and sour cabbage, broccoli, fingerprint, guava, dog rose, spinach, horseradish, and citrus. But it is worth noting that this list is the least in citrus vitamin C (50-60 mg / 100 g). The leader of the content is the dog rose (600-1200 mg / 100g).