Soy lecithin: composition, properties
Lecithin because of its unique properties and composition is used in medicine as a dietary supplements. It has a wide range of effects on metabolic and physiological processes occurring in the body.
Lecithin is a fat-like substance thatIs produced in the liver by the body itself. It is a part of such products as sunflower oil, peas and lentils, sprouted corn grains and egg yolk. However, soy lecithin, the properties of which have not been fully studied, have become most widespread and used.
Soy lecithin: composition and useful properties.
It contains lecithin from various phospholipids. Phospholipids form the basis of cell membranes of all living organisms. The walls of ribosomes, mitochondria and other intracellular formations also consist of phospholipids. First of all, the normal functioning of the organs of our organism largely depends on the state of the cell membrane.
Lecithin is able to break down fat, which leads toLowering the cholesterol in the blood. Increases the antioxidant activity of fat-soluble vitamins, and this leads to neutralization of free radicals and increased barrier function of the liver. The processes of self-purification of the body from toxins are improving.
The composition of lecithin is largeB group vitamins, phosphates, phosphodiesterylcholine, linolenic acid, inositol and choline. These substances are involved in the nutrition of brain cells. Choline, getting into the body, begins to turn into acetylcholine, which, in turn, takes part in the transmission of nerve impulses, and thereby maintains a balance between the process of excitation and inhibition.
In the human body, lecithin is contained inNorm, and its consumption depends on the intensity of physical exertion and on the general state of the organism. With high physical activity, the level of lecithin in the muscles increases. From this, the muscles become more enduring. When there is a shortage of lecithin, the nerve cells and fibers become thinning, which in turn leads to a disruption of the normal activity of the nervous system. There is a violation of blood circulation in the brain, a person experiences chronic fatigue, irritability appears. All this can lead to a nervous breakdown. You should know that with age, the amount of lecithin in the body decreases. The use of soy lecithin has practically no side effects, which is very important for those patients who are prone to allergic reactions, but who are forced to undergo long-term drug treatment. I also want to note that taking soy lecithin is not addictive.
Soy lecithin is used in medicine as a biologically active food additive for the treatment of the following diseases:
- In chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: colitis, gastritis and gastroduodenitis.
- With chronic pancreatitis and diabetes. Under its influence, the work of beta cells, which are responsible for the production of insulin, is strengthened and improves.
- For the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- With lesions of the peripheral and central nervous system. For recovery after a stroke.
- From chronic liver diseases: various viral hepatitis, fatty liver disease and others.
- Used to improve memory. It is useful to take children who have problems with learning.
- With reduced immunity.
- In the elderly for preventive purposes.
- To purify the body of toxins.
- For skin diseases: psoriasis, atopic dermatitis and others.
- It is recommended to take athletes and people working in production, associated with high physical exertion or increased harmfulness.
- With diseases of the spine and joints.
- Good effect on the growing children's body. Especially useful for premature babies.
- With autoimmune diseases.
- If there are eye diseases.
- With gynecological diseases: uterine or breast cancer, mastopathy, uterine fibromatosis.
- Individual intolerance.
- Breastfeeding mothers and pregnant women should be used with great care.
When taking lecithin possible by-effect: An allergic reaction (rarely enough).
Before applying soy lecithin, despite its unique composition, which provides protection and recovery of your body, it is necessary to consult with your doctor.