Composition of vitamin complexes for pregnant women
What substances does the expectant mother need on this or that term of pregnancy
The need for women in vitamins and minerals is notSo high in the first weeks of pregnancy. She basically needs iodine and folic acid. Therefore, in the first trimester of pregnancy (up to 12 weeks), try not to prescribe any special vitamin complexes, it is better not to take synthetic vitamins.
Folic acid protects the fetus from congenitalDefects of development, its need can be covered by eating veal liver, beetroot, cabbage and Brussels sprouts, green leafy vegetables, legumes, bananas. Iodine is involved in the formation of thyroid hormones, the development of the fetal brain, as well as its intelligence in the later years of life, depends on them. In the first trimester of pregnancy, the need for iodine can be covered by eating iodized salt and seafood.
In the second trimester of pregnancy, sharplyThe need for vitamins and minerals increases, it is already difficult to make up for it only with food. Vitamin-mineral complexes come to the rescue. They are prescribed throughout pregnancy, courses with short breaks. All vitamins and minerals take part in the "construction" of fetal cells, maintaining a normal metabolism in the mother's body. Especially useful are minerals such as phosphorus (forms teeth and bone tissue), iron (prevents the appearance of anemia of pregnant women), calcium (participates in the formation of fetal tissues and in many vital processes), magnesium (supports the work of the heart, inhibits contraction of the uterus muscles that Prevents a miscarriage).
Pregnancy in the body of a woman can causeChanges in the work of the kidneys and liver (including the violation of excretion of toxic substances from the body), cardiovascular system, various endocrine changes, slowing or acceleration of metabolic processes. As a result, with the administration of previously tolerated drugs, an unexpected reaction may occur, there is a danger of drug allergy, and sometimes even complete intolerance. In this case, you should stop taking vitamins and at the expense of natural foods to fill the lack of vitamins and minerals.
Composition of complexes for expectant mothers
Vitamin-mineral complexes for pregnant womenA lot is produced, but they are not equivalent, so often the doctor appoints the complexes individually, taking into account the condition of the pregnant woman, her personal needs.
Characteristics of the most famous vitamin-mineral complexes:
- Elevit pronatal - specially designed for pregnant women by the famous Swiss firm F. Hoffmann-La Roche; Contains a lot of folic acid and magnesium, but does not contain iodine;
- Materna - Available in two forms; Dosage formContains a lot of vitamin A, B vitamins, magnesium, which causes an increase in liver enzymes in the biochemical blood test and often allergic reactions occur. Mainly appointed with the appearance of signs of magnesium deficiency (diarrhea, spasms and bloating, heart rhythm disturbances, anxiety, irritability, insomnia, seizures, muscle weakness, trembling). Centrum Materna - biologically active additive to food, it can be taken by all pregnant women;
- Multitabs perinatal - contains enough folic acid, iodine andMagnesium, but the dose of vitamin A is inadequate. Suitable for healthy pregnant women, and with different deficiencies, other complexes are usually prescribed;
- Alphabet "Mother's health" - contains a lot of vitamin C, iodine, but little magnesiumAnd folic acid; But according to the manufacturers, as a result of the separation of components (they are divided into three tablets, which take into account the compatibility of individual components), their assimilation takes place, they do not suppress each other's activity, therefore smaller doses are sufficient;
- Vitrum Prenatal (3 minerals - zinc, calcium, iron and 10 vitamins) and Vitrum Prenatal forte (10 minerals and 13 vitamins). In the first drug there is no magnesium and iodine necessary for a pregnant woman, but vitamin A, D, folic acid is enough, it strengthens the immune system, reduces the risk of anemia, congenital malformations, lack of calcium in the mother's body. The second preparation has all the necessary components, it is prescribed for the prevention of toxicoses, placental insufficiency and the threat of abortion, anemia.
In addition to these, there are many more vitamin and mineral complexes for expectant mothers, to understand which the doctor of a woman's consultation will help.