Metabolism and energy conversion in the human body
You will be surprised, but the metabolism is not something with whichWe are born. We develop and "adjust" it to our habits, way of life and behavior. In general, we influence it. So, we can learn to influence so that the metabolism becomes our partner in life, and not the worst enemy. We can make the transformation of energy in our bodies as efficient as possible, so that it only benefits and health, and appearance, and mood in general.
Determination of metabolism And energy conversion in the human body
There are many complex definitions of this term,Which for ordinary mortals are not fully understood and quickly fly out of the head. Let's formulate it easier: metabolism and is the ability of your body to burn calories to maintain life. The human body constantly burns calories - every hour, every day, all life. The rate of this combustion varies and depends on several factors. What has the greatest impact on metabolism? The answer is simple: this is the mass of muscle tissue. The more we have it, the faster the metabolism and the transformation of energy in the body, the more calories burns your body. Muscles are living tissue that most successfully "devour calories", which work for us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. In short, the more muscles - the better the metabolism. Is the benefit of playing sports clear? But that is not all.
Factors affecting metabolism:
- Muscular tissue: number one among all the factors that affect metabolism, so its excess should not be feared.
- Power frequency: The longer the interval between meals, the slower the metabolism and energy conversion. The body slows the metabolism to conserve energy if the period between meals is too long.
- Level of activity: an important factor, but absolutely useless at a time when the number of calories does not match the energy costs of the body.
- Type of food: Diet should be balanced, should provide for all elements of nutrition, especially such as the level of fat. Diets with a low fat content usually affect the production of hormones, which leads to a slowing of metabolism and energy conversion.
- Constitution of the body: more than 70% of the physiological processes in the human body depends on water. A slight dehydration causes a decrease in the level of metabolism by 3 percent.
- Genetics: The factor with which each person is born (some metabolism faster, others slower.) Genes do not change, however, this does not mean that you need to drop your hands and wait for the weight to exceed a hundred.
- Some diseases provoke disordersMetabolism (and not vice versa, as many believe). For example, diabetes mellitus, thyroid problems can have a significant effect on metabolism and energy conversion in the human body.
- Stress: The metabolism is slowed by the introduction of additional stress and the breakdown of many physiological systems. In addition, it generates the production of unwanted substances that affect metabolic processes, such as the hormone cortisol. In addition, people who suffer from stress tend to have excessive alcohol consumption. Alcohol itself is the main cause of metabolic disorders.
Does the metabolism affect in any wayage? No! Contrary to popular belief, age as such can not be the main cause of slow metabolism. Of course, the rate of metabolic processes decreases with age (by 7% every 10 years), but age itself is not a key component in reducing metabolic efficiency.
The three main causes of metabolic disorders.
- Reducing the volume of muscle tissue throughCalorie deficit. This can contribute to the "wrong" diet. When you consume monotonous food (for example, only fruit), while doing sports. The body has nowhere to take energy under physical stress, and it literally begins to "eat" the muscles. The metabolism is disturbed, then it is very difficult to restore it, since it will not be easy to build muscle tissue. But the fat mass begins to increase rapidly, it is overweight.
- Reduction in physical activity associated withAge or ordinary laziness. Absence of all physical exertion is even more terrible than their excess. With a constant sitting or lying position, the body is not able to convert energy at all and the metabolism is not just slowing down - it is almost absent. As a result - zashlakovka organism, decreased immunity, excess weight, depression and short life expectancy.
- Too much sugar in the blood. It can be a consequence of illness or as a result of malnutrition. In this case, the metabolism is disturbed significantly, but temporarily. As soon as the sugar level returns to normal (if it comes) - the transformation of energy in the body also returns to the original level.
Methods of control over metabolism
1. Movement. Each movement affects the muscles, and each cellular muscle metabolism is accelerated. So in general, the overall metabolism and energy conversion in your body improves.
2. Food. Proper nutrition provides the body with the right amount of calories, and it manages to convert them into clean energy. Ideally, the body should receive calories from food in small doses every 3-4 hours.
3. Water. You need to drink about two liters of water per day. Of course, this depends on some factors. From age, time of year, level of physical exertion. With optimal provision of the body with water, metabolism will be ideal.
4. Mood. Strangely enough, but completeness is far from alwayskindness. As, however, and vice versa. A kind, optimistic, stress-free person rarely suffers from a metabolic disorder. It can not be excessively obese or obese. Unless, of course, other factors interfere.