/ / Dietary protein nutrition

Dietary protein nutrition

Dietary protein nutrition provides forThe presence of the necessary amount of protein in a person's daytime diet with some simultaneous restriction of consumption of carbohydrate and fatty foods (of course, while maintaining the minimum necessary content of these nutrition components to ensure the physiological needs of the body). The biological value of proteins is determined by the degree of their consumption by the body for the synthesis of the necessary structural elements of cells. If this figure is less than 60%, then such food does not provide the necessary body needs. The quality of dietary protein nutrition can also be judged by the amino acid composition of proteins consumed in food. So, if the protein in its composition contains all the essential amino acids, it is considered to be full; If it is characterized by a reduced amount of one or more essential amino acids, then such a protein is called partially full; And, finally, if the protein molecule does not contain one or more essential amino acids at all, then in that case one speaks of belonging to inferior proteins.

The need of the human body in proteinsIs determined depending on the age, sex, the characteristics of professional activity. When performing heavy physical work, intensive sports, during pregnancy, breastfeeding and some infectious diseases, the need for protein nutrition increases dramatically. It is believed that about 60% of the daily requirement for protein in the body should be provided through the use of food of animal origin, and the remaining 40% - due to plant products.

What specific number of proteins should beInclude in the diet in accordance with the rules of dietary nutrition? According to the recommendations of the World Health Organization, the minimum protein content in food per day must be at least 0.75 grams per kilogram of body weight for adult women and men, and for children about 1-1.1 grams. To maintain a full-fledged lifestyle, the amount of protein components in the daily diet of an adult should be about 80-120 grams.

With improper organization of dietary nutrition(For example, if you eat insufficient amounts of protein or if your defective group with a low biological value is predominant), the body's protein deficiency develops. In this case, there is a disruption in the balance between the synthesis of proteins necessary for the body and their breakdown, while the amount of carbohydrates and fats consumed may well correspond to the necessary norms. In the case of the appearance of protein deficiency, there is a decrease in body weight, slowing the rate of growth and mental development in children and adolescents, weakening of the body's defenses. In addition, there may also be violations of the liver and pancreas, hematopoiesis, which subsequently leads to the occurrence of anemia.

Thus, with a competent organizationDietary nutrition, special attention should always be paid to the availability of protein substances in food. New-fashioned diets, which call for a long time to limit the content of protein in the food, are certainly made incompetent in matters of dietetics people and can lead to health problems in any person.

Pay attention to: