Cleansing the body: how to eat in summer
How to expel uninvited guests from the body? This question is especially relevant on the eve of the summer. The answer is simple: start the cleansing program.
Remember the basic rules of cleaning the body:
- Drink lots of plain water. Refuse alcohol and coffee.
- Prepare for cleansing beforehand. About a month before the diet, give up heavy, fried, salty and spicy food. Also try not to eat meat. Your friends: greens, fruits, vegetables and cereals.
- Every morning start with a glass of water with a lemon. You can replace it with freshly squeezed carrot or beet juice.
- Stick to a strict diet no longer than ten days, but not less than three.
- Repeat cleaning approximately twice a year.
Here is an example of dishes from which you can make your diet menu (recipes from the books "Ayurveda" and "Recipes of Chinese research").
Oatmeal porridge with blueberry sauce
What is the use: Oats treat diseases of the intestines and stomach, remove toxins, positively affect the work of the heart, kidneys and liver. Bilberry, in addition to a huge amount of vitamins, contains antioxidants; It also lowers blood sugar levels.
- 2½ cups of water
- 1 cup oat grains (not cereal!)
- A pinch of ground cinnamon or matsis (optional)
For blueberry sauce:
- 1 glass of blueberry
- 1/8 cup of agave nectar
- Pour water into the pan and bring it to a boil. Stirring, add the oats and, if used, cinnamon or matsis. Turn off the fire, cover and leave overnight.
- In the morning mix well, add some more water or milk replacer, if the porridge turned out very thick. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For the sauce, put blueberries and agave nectar in a saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is reminiscent of jam.
- Remove the sauce from the fire, let it stand for 5 minutes on the table or put in the refrigerator. Pour the porridge with a warm or chilled sauce and serve immediately.
Delicate rice pudding
What's the use: rice helps clean the intestines and the whole body, frees the body of toxins.
- 2 cups of boiled brown rice
- ¾-1 cup of milk replacer
- 1 ripe banana, sliced, or 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup, coconut sugar or large-sliced dried fruits
- ¼-½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A few snaps of ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- Grated orange or lemon zest (optional)
- In a saucepan, put 1½ cups of boiled rice and the remaining ingredients, except for zest. If you want, do not add a banana. Gradually pour ¾ cup of milk replacer.
- Make a whisk or a fork from the mixture of mashed potatoes. Alternatively, you can mash the blender before you put it in a saucepan, but whip the whisk faster, and it's easier to wash.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of rice and heat the mixture over low heat
- Before thickening.
- If desired, dilute with the remaining milk, add a sweetener, orange or lemon zest to taste and mix well.
Brussels sprouts with pumpkin and almonds
What is the use: Any kind of cabbage helps to cleanse the body, removes cholesterol from the body, reduces blood sugar and helps to get rid of excess weight. The pumpkin strengthens the liver and cleanses the intestines. Almond cleanses blood and stabilizes the amount of glucose.
For 4-6 servings.
- 1 Muscat pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes 1.3 cm (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups of Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1/3 cups of almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown rice or other vinegar
- Sea salt
- Cook a couple of muscat squash before softening (but do not brew!). Transfer to a bowl.
- Just cook a couple of Brussels sprouts and add it to the pumpkin.
- While stirring constantly, fry the almonds in a frying pan over low heat until golden brown.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and then add them to the vegetables, sprinkle with almonds and mix well. Add salt.
Soup of avocado with cucumber
(Does not require cooking)
What is the use: In the avocado contains a lot of antioxidants, this fruit helps to eliminate toxins and reduce cholesterol. Cucumbers also help to get rid of harmful substances and normalize digestion.
| || |
- Place all the ingredients, except zucchini and salt, in a blender or food processor with a S cutter blade. Mix to homogeneity. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add zucchini, salt to taste, cover and refrigerate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
Cocktail of celery, apples, carrots and beets
What is the use: Celery helps to remove toxins from the body and cleanse the blood; Apples are full of antioxidants, they eliminate toxins; Beet removes excess fluid, reduces blood sugar and neutralizes harmful substances; Carrots are very useful for the liver and intestines.
- 3 or 4 stalks of celery
- 2 apples
- 2 carrots, peel
- 1 small beet
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- Cut all the ingredients into small pieces so that they can pass through the feeding hole of the juicer.
- Skip all the ingredients through the juicer. Periodically mix.
- Pour the cocktail into 2 glasses and drink immediately.
Our body needs to regularly get rid of the accumulated harmful substances, and natural products can help in this better than any medication. Cleanse, be good and be healthy!