Flu 2016-2017: a prediction of which virus is consumed. Symptoms of influenza 2017 in adults and children, treatment
Every year, the influenza virus suffersNumber of adults and children. For Russia and many countries of the Northern Hemisphere, the epidemic usually occurs in the cold season, when the human body is least protected against various infections. According to epidemiologists, the flu 2016-2017 will most actively manifest itself in November-December of this year, although symptoms of the disease in people with low immunity can be observed right up until the spring. In any case, do not panic. Timely prevention and proper treatment will allow to pass this disease with minimal consequences for the adult and child population of our country.
Flu forecast for 2016-2017 - what types of virus are expected
- A / H1N1 (California 04/2009) This is the most common strain of influenza,Causing large-scale epidemics. After 2009, when the disease struck many residents of North America, the virus was named "California 04/2009". In addition to the medical term, H1N1 is also called "swine flu" because it affects not only humans, but also many animals, in particular domestic pigs. In most people, H1N1 occurs without subsequent complications, even in the absence of serious medication. However, to neglect this virus in any case it is impossible. The severe form of the disease is characterized by a rapidly progressing viral pneumonia, which can lead to death in the absence of proper treatment within the first 24 hours after the onset of symptoms.
- H3N2 (A / Hong Kong) This strain of influenza was isolated in 2014. During the mass epidemic in Hong Kong among adults and children. The main danger lies in the "poor familiarity" of the human immune system with this infection. According to medical research, H3N2 appeared due to mutations of various strains of the virus, primarily affecting birds. Since immunity to this disease in the population is almost non-existent, it is very important to get vaccinated in a timely manner. This is especially true of the so-called risk group - children and people of retirement age. Among the complications caused by H3N2 flu, such diseases as bronchitis and pneumonia, requiring urgent treatment. Also, there may be an exacerbation of bronchial asthma and cardiovascular diseases.
- B / Brisbane This virus is a subtype of influenza B. It was first discovered in 2008 in the Australian city of Brisbane and still belongs to poorly explored types. Diagnosis of this infection is difficult because of implicit symptoms. However, it is not worth worrying about, because influenza B is much less dangerous than strains belonging to group A. Typically, this type of disease is easily tolerated by both adults and children, does not require serious treatment and, more importantly, not Is characterized by severe complications.
Flu 2017: the main symptoms in adultsDetermine the specific type of influenza by symptomsIs almost impossible, since different strains, as a rule, have similar symptoms. In addition, the severity of these or other signs depends not only on the virus, but also on the general condition of a person.
- High fever (39-40 degrees) and fever;
- Aching pain in muscles and joints;
- Severe headaches;
- General weakness, inability to concentrate on specific thoughts and actions;
- Inflammation of the eye mucosa;
- Dry cough accompanied by discomfort in the chest;
- Rhinitis or pharyngitis.
Headache and high fever are obvious symptoms of influenza in adultsGetting into the body, at first the virus did notIs manifested. The incubation period is usually 3-5 days, during which there are no symptoms. The disease lasts about a week, but even after the end of treatment a person feels sluggish and tired, and during this period is prone to other diseases. For adults this is especially characteristic, since in adulthood the more severe symptoms of influenza, sometimes accompanied by nausea and vomiting, appear.
Symptoms of influenza and SARS in childrenFrom a psychological point of view, any adultA person experiences his illness more easily than the illness of his children. Since in the process of growing up the children's organism will in any case be subjected to attacks of viral infections, it is very important during this period to remain calm and perform the treatment in strict accordance with the recommendations of the doctor. In this case, parents should know how to independently distinguish the symptoms of influenza and simple SARS in children.
- Body temperature up to 38 ° C (higher rarely rises);
- Intoxication of the body is weak;
- General well-being is satisfactory;
- Cough moderate, manifested immediately after the onset of the disease;
- Obvious colds, often stuffy nose;
- Redness of the throat (one of the main symptoms).
- Body temperature above 39 ° C (can last 3-4 days, despite treatment);
- High intoxication of the body, which is expressed by chills, sweating, headache, dizziness, aching joints;
- Cough occurs on the 2nd-2nd day, accompanied by pain in the chest;
- The runny nose is not immediately apparent and is often not as pronounced as in ARVI;
- Possible redness of the eyes.
Treatment of viral influenza 2016-2017 in adults and childrenAs is known, prevention is the best treatment. To protect yourself from the flu, you should follow the following recommendations:
- Do it in a timely manner. Since the first antibodies are produced after 7-10 days, it is better to inoculate at least one month before the expected onset of the epidemic.
- Avoid places of large crowds. Especially in this regard, dangerous indoor spaces - in such conditions the virus is very quickly transferred from a sick person to a healthy one.
- Adhere to the general rules of hygiene: wash your hands, use only your cup, spoon, plate and towel.
- Ventilate the room and perform wet cleaning at least 2 times a day.
- Improve the general condition of the body by exercising and taking multivitamins.
Symptoms and methods of treatment of influenza