That it is possible to eat nursing mum and to eat: the list of products.
Proper nutrition of the mother is the guarantee of normalDevelopment and growth of a baby who is breastfed. The secretion of breast milk significantly increases the need of the female body for energy, therefore, to maintain lactation it is necessary to adhere to the principles of rational nutrition. The menu should be high-grade, balanced on the main components - fats, proteins, carbohydrates and vitamin-mineral composition. What it is possible to eat nursing mum? What drinks are recommended to drink? Can I drink alcohol while breastfeeding? Read about this in our material.
Benefits and composition of breast milk
Caloric content of breast milk varies inThe limits of 68-75 kcal / 100 ml. The protein content is 1.1-1.2 g / 100 ml, fats - 3-5 g / 100 ml, calcium - 18-35 mg / 100 ml, iron - 0.03-0.08 mg / 100 ml, phosphorus - 13 -15 mg / 100 ml, lactose - 5.5-8.4 g / 100 ml. Breast milk is an ideal meal for a newborn, which guarantees healthy digestion, strong immunity, and the absence of allergic reactions. Breastfeeding prevents constipation and colic in the baby, helps to avoid diathesis, provides the baby's body with all vital nutrients.
What it is possible to eat nursing mum?
Adhere to a strict diet, implyingSet of restrictions, it is not necessary is a relic of the past. The basic rule: food should be tasty and varied. Nutritionists recommend choosing foods that will fill the calories consumed in the proper amount - cottage cheese, greens, cheese, fish, meat, eggs, oatmeal / buckwheat, dried fruits, apples, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes. Do not abuse butter and sour cream - they increase the fat content of milk, it is better to give preference to vegetable fats. It is useful to keep the "snacks" (crackers, grapes, figs, bananas) not required for preparation, add healthy foods to breakfast - berries in porridge, dried fruits in yogurt, stimulate lactation with plants and herbs (nettle, anise, fennel).
What can you eat a nursing mother in the first month after the birth of the baby?
In the first month of breastfeeding, dietary requirements are particularly severe. The following dishes and products are allowed:
- Dry biscuits, wheat and rye bread, bran;
- Fermented baked milk, natural yoghurt (without preservatives, dyes, flavors);
- Porridge on milk and water;
- Stewed and boiled vegetables: cauliflower, zucchini, potatoes, onions, carrots, white cabbage;
- Meat of low-fat varieties: lean pork, rabbit meat, beef;
- Vegetarian soups and unsaturated broths;
- Stewed / boiled chicken without skins;
- Fermented milk products: kefir, cheese, cottage cheese.
You can not consume whole milk - it can provoke increased gas formation in the baby, should not "lean" on industrial juices and compotes, carbonated water and lemonade.
Sample menu for the first week of lactation
- First breakfast: milk oatmeal with butter (200 grams), biscuits, a glass of loose tea;
- Second breakfast: a glass of natural yogurt, a sandwich with cheese, a dry biscuit;
- Lunch: vegetable soup (150 grams), potato puree (100 grams), minced meat cutlet (50 grams), unsweetened compote of dried fruits, wheat bread;
- Afternoon snack: Kissel / compote, cottage cheese (100-120 grams);
- Supper: chicken / turkey stew (boiled), chicken / turkey, vegetable garnish, chamomile tea;
- Before going to bed: dry biscuits, fermented baked milk / kefir (150-200 grams).
What can you eat a nursing mother after a month?
Gradually, one should expand the daily diet,Carefully adding new products. It is allowed to eat greens (parsley, dill), berries (gooseberries, mountain ash, black currant), fresh fruit (bananas, apples, pears), vegetables (grated carrots, cucumbers, cabbage). In addition to micronutrients and vitamins, they provide the baby with dietary fiber, which are necessary to prevent constipation and normal digestion. Adequate intake of protein is an important condition for the proper development of the child, in the daily menu, dairy products, boiled eggs, lean meat, fish (cod, pike perch) must necessarily be present. In the priority should be steamed, boiled and stewed dishes. The frequency of meals is 5-7 times a day, ideally - every 3-4 hours. Feeling of hunger between meals you can satisfy yogurt, kefir, tea with milk. If you want a sweet, you can eat a piece of biscuit, 2-3 spoons of jam or jam.
Sample menu for the second month of lactation
- First breakfast: milk porridge with butter (jam or sugar can be added if desired), a glass of tea, cheese, bread;
- Second breakfast: cookies, natural yogurt, apple or ripe banana;
- Lunch: soup / borsch (without frying), baked (boiled) fish, pasta, fresh carrot salad, dried fruit compote / fresh apple juice, bread;
- Afternoon snack: cottage cheese, low-fat sour cream (10%), compote / kissel;
- Dinner: meatballs with cereal / vegetable garnish, salad of tomatoes and cucumbers with greens, weak tea with jam, dry biscuits;
- Before going to bed: a sandwich with cheese, kefir / ryazhenka (100-150 grams).
Allergies in the baby can cause cocoa, chocolate,Berries of red color (raspberry, strawberry), citrus fruits (lemons, mandarins, oranges), pineapples, preservatives, smoked products, walnuts, seafood, honey, rich broths. Important: in most cases, the allergic reaction develops 2-3 hours after feeding, which allows one to assess its potential danger to the digestion of the baby. You can not abuse pearl barley, beans, mushrooms - they stimulate the processes of fermentation and can cause colic.
List of products for nursing mothers
- Meat of poultry and livestock (pork, beef,Rabbit, chicken, turkey). If possible, use every other day. Products are baked, boiled, stewed, frying is excluded. Meat is cooked at least 2-2.5 hours on low heat, during cooking it is allowed to use a limited amount of spices.
- Cereals. They are prepared by longing or on the water. For taste, you can add a little sour cream, butter or cream at the end of cooking.
- Dairy. To consume daily kefir, fermented baked milk, drinking yoghurt, curdled milk, low-fat cottage cheese in the form of casseroles and cheese cakes. You can not add jam, honey, sugar to these products. It is necessary to dilute the menu with brine "unripe" cheeses - mozzarella and brynza. Whole milk (packaged and homemade) should be used in limited quantities.
- Eggs (quail, chicken).
- Pasta without egg additives.
- Bread / bakery products. Limit / exclude from the diet cakes, muffins, gingerbread, black bread. You can not have breakfast / dinner with a sweet biscuit / roll with tea or coffee.
- Nuts. Preferably almonds and hazelnuts, walnuts - 2-2.5 hours after meals.
- A fish. It is allowed to use low-fat varieties - pike perch, cod, pollock.
- Vegetables. It is better to cook as stewed mixtures: green / red pepper, potatoes, cabbage, onions, zucchini, carrots. It is recommended to add unrefined vegetable oil (soya, olive, sunflower) in the prepared dish. Raw vegetables are with caution.
- Caviar (red, black - preferable).
Is it possible for the sperm to feed the mother?
Yes. Seeds of sunflower - a nutritious, tasty and healthy product, consisting of natural vitamins (F, D, E, A), iron, zinc, fluoride, iodine, manganese. The use of seeds on a regular basis contributes to the normalization of the work of the gastrointestinal tract, strengthens the muscular apparatus, prevents the development of cardiac pathologies. A nursing mother can safely eat 25-60 grams of sunflower seeds daily - this will benefit both her and the baby.
Is it possible to breastfeed a mother with liver beef?
Yes. Beef liver is a byproduct that has valuable biological properties and excellent taste. It contains iron proteins, which play an important role in the formation of blood elements, vitamins K, E, D, A, sodium, potassium, calcium. Introducing beef liver in the diet can and should be done from the first days of breastfeeding. Important: Lactating women with high cholesterol often have a liver not recommended to avoid problems with the cardiovascular system.
Can motherfeeders make syrups?
Yes. Cheesemuffers during the period of breastfeeding are allowed to eat, the main thing is to observe quantitative restrictions, since eggs and cottage cheese can cause an undesirable reaction from the gastrointestinal tract of the child.
- The daily intake of curd cakes should not exceed 100-120 grams (4-5 pieces), the weekly intake of 200-220 grams. Optimal option - once a week for 150-200 grams;
- Do not add extraneous ingredients (apricots, raisins, prunes) to the cheesecakes;
- For frying, use only fresh olive or sunflower oil.
Can a nursing mother have cauliflower and broccoli?
Yes. Cabbage is a healthy and tasty vegetable rich in vitamins and folic acid. Use broccoli and cauliflower better in a stew or cooked form, so as not to provoke a baby's increased gas production.
What kind of fruit can a nursing mother?
In this regard, the opinions of pediatricians differ. Some argue that until the child is three months old, raw foods should not be eaten by the mother, others are not so categorical and allow to include fruit in the diet. In any case, you need to be very careful about avocados, mangoes and citrus - this is a well-known fact.
Whether it is possible a sweet cherry?
The question is ambiguous, since the pigment,Giving a red shade to berries, can cause an allergic reaction in children with a genetic predisposition to allergies. It is allowed to eat several berries of cherry or sweet cherry, but only as an experiment.
Is it okay for a nursing mother to eat bananas?
Yes. Banana - fruit is delicious and healthy, containing a lot of vitamins, mineral salts and nutrients. After using it, the tone of the body rises, the mood improves, the forces necessary for caring for the newborn appear.
Can I have a grenade?
Yes. The pomegranate is a real storehouse of vitamins, amino acids and trace elements that have a beneficial effect on the body, increasing immunity and strengthening the nervous system. The main thing is to observe the measure and carefully treat your own health and the health of the baby. You need to start with 2-3 grains a day, gradually increasing the dose. Pomegranate juice is better to drink in a diluted form (no more than 30 grams per day) - this will reduce the risk of allergies in infants.
Is it possible to breast feed persimmon?
Yes. Persimmon is rich in iron, vitamin C, carbohydrates, magnesium, potassium, fiber. It supports immunity, regulates the work of the intestines, cleanses the vessels and stimulates cardiac activity. At the same time, a persimmon is a strong allergen and can provoke a rash in a baby, so it should be eaten with caution, watching closely the reaction of the child. If there is no allergy, eating 300-350 grams of persimmons daily is quite possible.
Can I have kiwi?
Yes. Kiwi with breastfeeding is an indispensable fruit. It contains ascorbic acid, iodine, calcium, iron, vitamins A, C, B6, PP, fiber, organic acids. Mom should enter kiwi in their diet carefully, against the background of already proven fruits. When a child has itching and skin rashes, it is better to give up kiwi.
Can I breastfeed my mother drinking alcohol?
Drinking alcohol during pregnancy -Top frivolity, doctors strongly do not recommend this. In the issue of alcohol compatibility and breastfeeding, physicians are more compliant. What it is necessary to know the nursing mother about the influence of alcohol on the child?
- Alcohol penetrates very quickly into breast milk, the highest level of concentration is fixed after 30-50 minutes after administration. The elimination of alcohol from the mother takes about 2-3 hours.
- The degree of alcohol exposure to a child,Breastfeeding directly depends on its quantity. If the nursing mother limits consumption of one drink per day or consumes alcohol sporadically, this does not pose a danger to the baby.
- Possible side effects when drinking alcohol from a nursing mother: weakness, drowsiness, the probability of a braked rush of breast milk, underweight in a child.
- The metabolism of alcohol in an adult person is 30 milliliters in 2.5 hours, so moderate consumption of alcohol is not a reason for refusing breastfeeding.
- Alcohol does not accumulate in breast milk, so do not express it after drinking.
- Breastfeeding counselors say that a mum of average weight can afford to sometimes drink 300-350 milliliters of beer without fear for the health of the baby.
- Despite the "low" degree, drinking champagne inBreastfeeding is not recommended because it can cause a baby to swell up and colic because of the carbon dioxide it contains.
Red wine with breastfeeding
Among young mummies there is an opinion thatSupport and some pediatricians that a glass of quality red wine is useful for a nursing mother and baby. Is it really? Indeed, the wine consumed in reasonable quantities reduces the level of sugar, has anti-inflammatory and antitumor properties, positively affects digestion, prevents obesity. However, its effect on breast milk has not been studied enough, so it is not worth much risk.
Useful qualities of red wine:
- The daily allowable dose is 50 grams;
- Contains manganese, iodine, magnesium, potassium, manganese, vitamins P, C, B1, B2;
- Resveratol present in red wine has a powerful antitumor effect;
- Its composition includes catechins, which are distinguished by antimicrobial action and strengthen the immune response of the organism;
- Reduces the number of fat cells, protects against metabolic disorders;
- Increases the level of lipoproteins evacuating cholesterol from the body;
- Protects the cellular material from the negative effects of x-ray and ultraviolet radiation;
- Contribute to the normalization of sleep due to the high content of melatonin;
- Activates the secretion of the gallbladder, helping the digestion of fats; Increases appetite.
Harmful qualities of red wine:
- Harmful daily dose is more than 50 grams;
- Contains many allergens (pollen, yeast, fruits) and histamines, which provoke bronchial spasms, sneezing, itching;
- Polyphenols of wine can cause a migraine attack, sulfur dioxide - an attack of asthma;
- With uncontrolled wine consumption, the enzymatic metabolism slows down and acetic aldehyde accumulates in the liver, which threatens with cirrhosis in the future;
- Falling from the breast milk in the baby's body alcohol can provoke irreversible deformations of the cells of his spinal cord and brain.
- If there was a desire to drink, you should take care of feeding the baby in advance - to express milk for 1-2 feedings;
- To feed the baby is possible only after the mother feels neurologically normal;
- Drinking alcohol during meals reduces its absorption in the bloodstream;
- The more alcohol is drunk, the longer it is removed from the mother's body.
Female alcoholism leads to a lack of breast milk, a delay in motor development and a slow set of weight in an infant, so do not abuse alcohol during lactation.
Non-alcoholic drinks with breastfeeding
To ensure the necessary volume of milk during lactation, sufficient fluid intake is critical. What can I drink to a nursing mother?
Is it possible to breastfeed a mother juice?
It is recommended to drink any freshly squeezed juices, except grape and citrus (lemon, orange, tangerine) - they can provoke a child fermentation in the intestines.
Is it possible to breast milk for breastfeeding mother?
Whole Milk for BreastfeedingIt is better to completely exclude from the daily menu. If you really want, you can drink no more than 150-250 milliliters per day, provided that the baby does not respond to it with bloating and colic. But sour-milk products of medium fat content (2.5%) are vital for mother, it is necessary to drink natural yoghurts, yogurt, kefir, use low-fat sour cream and cottage cheese.
Is it possible to breastfeed my mother kvass?
This drink should be avoided, since it contains various additives and kvass concentrate. You can drink some quality kvass with the content of yeast, sugar and malt.
Can I breast-feed my compote
Ideal option - unsweet compote of dried fruits. Very tasty and useful herbal teas from cranberries, nettles, chamomiles, self-prepared fruit drinks and jars.
Can I breastfeed my mother cocoa and hot chocolate
As far as possible, these drinks should be completely excluded from the diet - they are strong allergens and can cause an undesirable reaction in the baby.
Can I breastfeed my mother?
Coffee nursing mother can drink, but not more than 700Milliliters per day. It should be borne in mind that caffeine is also found in coca-cola, strong tea, certain medicines. If the baby starts to get agitated or does not sleep well, it is better for mom to reduce the usual amount of coffee consumed.
Nutrition during breastfeeding shouldTo be maximally natural, healthy, without preservatives, nitrates and artificial dyes. The answer to the question of what can be eaten by a nursing mother depends largely on the state of health of the baby and mother, and with an adequate approach to the organization of the diet regime, restrictions can be easy and minimal.