How to sew blinds yourself
Choose fabric for curtains
Before you start sewing anyA particular model of curtains, you should carefully read the instructions to the fabric. The main criterion in choosing a fabric for sewing curtains is the strength of the material. The fabric should be not only dense, but also strong, because the task is to preserve the original appearance for a long time and not to wear out.
In some situations, fabrics for curtains are checked forFire resistance. In addition, the criterion for selection may be resistance to contamination and cleaning methods. Usually the width of the fabric for sewing curtains is 228 or 280 centimeters.
First you need to wash and wellIron the cloth. This way you can avoid stretching or vice versa, sitting down curtains in the future. It is best to iron the fabric without waiting until it dries completely, that is, slightly moist. When the cloth dries, it is necessary to check whether it is stretched and whether its structure is preserved. After that, you can start to cut out the fabric.
First you need to remove the border (this must be done before cutting).
- If the pattern on the fabric has a direction, that is, there is up and down, then on the wrong side of the fabric should be noted direction.
- To remove the fringe, it is better to use a roller cutter, a ruler (better transparent), and a rug. So you can ensure a quick and smooth removal of the rim.
After that you can start cutting.
Some fabrics have features of cut: glossy and fleecy, with a one-sided pattern. Features have not only the front side of the fabric, but also the purl.
- The arrow on the border defines the direction of cutting the fabric.
- Elements of glossy or fleecy fabrics should always be cut in one direction. This is done so that the light when hit on the curtains it is reflected equally.
Prevent tissue shedding
In order to avoid shedding the fabric on the slices,Use special scissors (feston) or special glue. If the treatment is done with glue, then the table needs to be covered with something, for example, with paper, so as not to spoil the surface by accidentally getting grease.
- To extend the life of the product,Treat all exposed tissue sections. The slices are processed with a zigzag seam - it is laid between the stitch and the edge of the fabric. This seam is also used to secure the stitches.
- After that, it is necessary to bend the rough edges to the wrong side and lay a line along the bent edge.
- To process seams it is also possible overlock, which, among other things, will be able to cut too wide allowances on seams.
If the fabric for the curtains is selected correctly, you will get an extraordinary effect. Airy and lightweight material will create a mood.
Fitting a picture
If the fabric is in a strip, a cage or with a largePicture, then it must be customized. To be able to combine the drawing, you need additional meters of fabric, so before cutting, you need to carefully plan everything.
It is necessary to measure the rapport of the pattern twice and buy the material with a margin. The reserve is calculated by the following formula: the width of the rapport is multiplied by the number of panels that need to be adjusted according to the drawing.
In addition to repeating the pattern on some tissuesHas a direction. In this case, the rapports form rows from the right to the left or from the bottom upwards - this should also be taken into account when cutting and purchasing the fabric. Each piece of fabric should be cut in the same direction as the rapports that form the rows.
After determining the required amount of tissue, it is necessary to plan the cut in such a way that the pattern does not turn out to be torn. So you can achieve an aesthetically beautiful type of curtains.
The color of curtains should be in harmony with the overall color scheme of the interior, in particular curtains should be combined with furniture.