You have cooked pies to pamperclose, and then sweep away the traces of crime and throw their "masterpieces" in the garbage disposal? Or have you been suspecting your beloved grandmother for a long time in witchcraft, because you have never got her brand-name cake?
Even the most inexperienced culinary expert will be helped by adviceIrina Chadeyeva, known in the blogosphere under the name of Chadeyka. Her culinary blog is very popular precisely because she can simply and very easily explain how to cook the most difficult dish. And for those who prefer to have all the recipes at hand, Irina wrote the book "Pirogovedenie for Beginners." We present several secrets from it that will help you to cope with the disobedient test and finally receive well-deserved compliments from the domestic:
Why does the dough rise in the oven? At least once every self-respecting hostess should think about this question. And the answer is to be found in the textbook on physics! From there you will learn that when the temperature rises, the volume of gas also increases. As soon as we put the cake in a hot oven, the gas that is in the dough starts to heat up, expand, and the pie or cake - to rise.
The gas is different, like the dough:
- In the biscuit test, this air is added by a whisk during whipping;
- In the yeast test, it is carbon dioxide produced by yeast;
- In the test with baking powder or soda - also carbon dioxide, which is released by the reaction of soda with acid (if it is in the composition of the test) and when heated;
- In a wet and oil test, this is water vapor (which, for example, breaks the crust on the cake, forming cracks).
So, what should I do to get the dough up?
The main condition, as you have already understood, is sufficientamount of gas. For example, eggs for a biscuit dough should be well beaten, and the dough itself should be mixed very gently; puff pastry - roll out and cook in the cold, so that the oil does not melt or lose moisture.
If you have ever baked at a lowtemperature - never do it again. To quickly expand the gas, you need to reheat the oven. That is why most of the luxuriant products are baked at a high (about 200 ° C) temperature.
Is your pie still naughty? Means a catch in the structure of the test. If it is weak (for example, in a liquid batter or a test with a small amount of flour), the baking will settle as soon as you get it out of the oven (but sometimes it should be so!)
An important rule for those who can not sit onplace and constantly opens the oven to check your dish: exercise, or you will fail again. No matter how much you want to look inside, start checking the product only when the dough has risen in a uniform slide, without a dent in the middle (this does not apply to pies that you want to leave unbaked).
Check the readiness by sticking the grill in the middle of the cake - there the dough is always baked more slowly than with the edge.
And now to the point! Give your family a delicious cupcake.
The main ingredient that makes the cake tender andcrumbly, is butter. Whipping butter with sugar, and then with eggs, we add air to the cake dough - it will be during baking that it will heat up, expand and raise the dough. The better the butter is poured - the higher the cupcake.
Never knead a cake dough for long! This leads to an increase in gluten, the cake will turn out to be dense and "tightened". The "weaker" flour - the better for a cupcake!
Vanilla cake with raisins
- 150 g of oil
- 150 g of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g of flour
- 100 g raisins
- 1/2 cup of strong tea
- baking powder
- 1 packet (10 g) of vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup of strong tea
- powdered sugar
You will also need a 10x20 cm shape, oiled and sprinkled with flour.
- Raisins soak in half a glass of strong tea for half an hour-hour.
- For the test, all products must be roomtemperature. Put in the bowl of oil, sprinkle it with sugar and vanilla sugar and whisk at the maximum speed of the mixer for a few minutes until the oil brightens.
- Add one egg and continue to whisk. The mass first becomes liquid, and then thickens and looks like an oil cream.
- Pour one more egg and whisk again until thick.
- Pour the pre-pressed raisins and stir with a mixer or spoon.
- Add flour sifted with baking powder and mix with a mixer at low speed until a smooth dough turns out.
- Put the dough in a mold, bake at 170 ° C for about an hour. Check the readiness of the laser.
- Ready cake let stand in the form for about ten minutes, and then remove it and cool it on the grate. Another warm cupcake sprinkled with powdered sugar through a strainer.