Worcester sauce: recipes with photo original and traditional. How to cook a Worcester sauce at home.
Worcester sauce was started in the UKat the initiative of Lord Sandys, who brought the recipe from his voyage to India. Today, the exotic dish is famous all over the world and enjoys unprecedented popularity. The sauce is not only served with meat and fish, but also put in a Caesar salad and even added to the legendary alcoholic drink "Bloody Mary". Industrial production of "Worcester" is engaged in such eminent brands as Heinz, Cajun Power, Lea & Perrins and French "s.
Original Worcester sauce: recipe
The composition of the Worcester sauce includes manyexotic ingredients that are not easy to buy even in large urban supermarkets. But do not despair about this, because some rare products can be easily replaced with more familiar and affordable.
- anchovies (sprat sprat) - 2 pieces
- onion white (onion) - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 2 prongs
- shallots - 4 heads
- tamarind (lemon juice) - 1/4 st
- ginger grated - 35 gr
- ground black pepper - ½ tsp
- Bay leaves - 4 pcs
- pepper peas - 3 tsp
- ground nutmeg - 15 gr
- curry - ½ tsp
- chili pepper - 4 pcs
- sugar - 1/3 tbsp
- water - 1/3 st
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - 3 tbsp
- Salt - 3 tbsp.
- malt sauce (table vinegar) - 1/2 tbsp
- horseradish - 1 pc
- tarragon - ½ tsp
- celery (root) - 1 pc.
- asafoetida (onion juice) - 20 gr
- molasses (burnt sugar) - 5 tbsp
- Pour the white bulb in vinegar for 15 minutes. Then small-scale chop and mix with chopped shallot and garlic.
- Put onion and garlic mass in a tissue bag. Pour ginger, powder of nutmeg and peppers of all kinds. Tie it to a strong knot so that the contents can not fall out.
- In a deep saucepan with a thick bottom pour lemonjuice and malt sauce, put sugar, molasses and tamarind. Add a little warm water and put on the stove. For half an hour, heat on medium heat.
- In a ceramic bowl, combine finely choppedanchovies, curry and still unused ingredients. Salt to taste and add to the main sauce. Make a very small fire and boil for another 15 minutes.
- Place the tissue pouch in a dry glassto the bank. There also pour the boiling sauce and tighten the lid very tightly. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for a week. Every day, squeeze the bag.
- After the required time, remove the bag, and strain the sauce through gauze, pour into small bottles and send it to a cool place for storage.
How to cook a vegan vegetarian sauce: a recipe with a photo
In this version, only spices, spices and condiments are suggested for preparation. Even anchovies, considered to be an integral part of the traditional dish, are turned off.
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- soy sauce - 12 tbsp
- brown sugar - 75 gr
- ground ginger - 1 tsp
- Ground mustard 1 tsp
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 piece
- cinnamon - 12 tsp
- ground black pepper - ½ tsp
- All the ingredients are combined in a medium-sized saucepan and quickly brought to a boil. Reduce the heat and, stirring constantly, cook for 20-25 minutes.
- When the mass acquires the consistency of flowing honey, remove from the plate, strain through a strainer 2-3 times and cool.
- Pour into prepared bottles, close lids and send to the refrigerator.
How to make yourself at home delicious Worcester sauce: the recipe "Rustic" with a photo
This method of cooking is very popular in the US. Many famous chefs do exactly the same thing as a Worcester sauce. The recipe is detailed and there are no difficulties even for beginners.
- olive oil - 3 tbsp
- White onion - 2 pcs
- chili pepper - 2 pcs
- crushed garlic - 2 tbsp
- ground black pepper - 1 tsp
- anchovies - 1/2 cans
- ground cloves - ¼ tsp
- salt, large - 1 tbsp
- honey liquid - 1 tbsp
- dark corn syrup - 1 tbsp
- treacle - 1 item
- distilled white vinegar - 1 l
- fresh grated horseradish - 100 gr
- a peel of one lemon
- In a saucepan combine oil, onions and chili,mix and warm on high heat until soft for about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, spices, anchovies, salt, lemon zest, honey, corn syrup, treacle, vinegar, horseradish and 2 cups of water, make medium heat and bring it all to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for 6 hours without closing the lid, so that excess liquid is gradually evaporated. Periodically stir with a wooden spoon.
- The finished product is filtered through a fine sieve and left on the table until completely cooled.
- Pour into glass containers, cover with lids and put into the refrigerator.
- Serve on the table for any dishes, use as a salad dressing and add to the sauce to meat and fish.
The recipe for a simple Worcester sauce
This is the easiest way to do it.original and delicious sauce, without putting much effort. You can serve it to shish kebab, stew or fried meat, baked fish and salads from fresh vegetables.
- shallots - 2 heads
- Balsamic vinegar - 200 ml
- anchovies - 10 pcs
- ketchup mushroom - 3 tbsp
- Chinese soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- cayenne pepper - 1 pc
- molasses - ½ st
- Rinse shallots, finely chop and place in a glass jar.
- There also add all the other ingredients, mix well and send to the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Twice a day during the entire period, shake the container thoroughly.
Worcester sauce: video recipe cooking at home
The one who made the Worchester sauce himself,knows how important it is to follow the rules of cooking and follow the instructions very clearly. Video greatly facilitates this task and clearly demonstrates all the details of the process.