Feijoa with sugar, a recipe for raw jam. Jam from feijoa with sugar, lemon and nuts - step by step recipe
Closer to the end of autumn on the shelves of markets andShops appears feijoa - an exotic fruit with incredibly tasty and fragrant flesh. Until recently, this "overseas guest" was considered a culinary curiosity and was rarely seen on our tables. Today it is often used to prepare various non-trivial dishes and preparations for the winter. Especially useful are the various variants of jam from feijoa, which are famous for the huge amount of vitamins and trace elements. Some recipes from them we offer to your attention today.
Jam made from feijoa with lemon and ginger - step by step recipe
Feijoa with sugar, lemon and ginger -A win-win culinary combination. Additional components not only successfully shade the berry taste of the fruit, give the jam a piquancy and saturation, but also greatly enhance its healing properties. Be sure to use this recipe, because the combination of sweet and healthy is so rare.
- Fruits of feijoa - 700 gr.
- Granulated sugar - 700 gr.
- A piece of ginger - 50 gr.
- Large lemon - 1 pc.
- Drinking water - 80 ml
To begin with, the feijoa fruit should be thoroughly rinsed under running cold water and dried on a towel. Further cut off all the tops and tails. Cut the berries into several pieces. Then, peel the lemon from the peel, white interlayer, bones and cut into small pieces. Root the ginger on a fine-grained grater. Now pass feijoa and lemon through a meat grinderOr grind it with an immersion blender. Cut the mush from the fruit into a wide enamelware and combine it with ginger, sugar and water. Cook the mixture on minimum heat for 5-7 minutes from the moment of boiling. Hot jam is packed in sterileGlass jars, close the sealed lids and send after cooling into a dark cold place, for example, in a refrigerator or cellar. The optimal storage time for such a billet is 5-6 months.
Raw jam from feijoa with lemon, dried apricots and nuts - step by step recipe
Another variant of a delicious billet from feijoaSugar - raw jam. Complemented with citrus fruits, nuts and dried fruits, this vitamin delicacy is good in itself. However, it can be used as a filling for baking, as well as for making home-made sweets and marmalade.
- Fruits of feijoa - 500 gr.
- Granulated sugar - 500 gr.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- The nucleoli of walnuts - 150 gr.
- Dried apricots - 150 gr.
- First of all, in the rinsed and washed fruitsRemove the tails from both sides. Next, the feijoa berries and peeled lemon pulp from the peel and bones are passed through a meat grinder or chopped in a blender until smooth. Fill the prepared mixture with sugar and set aside for 1-1.5 hours.
- In the meantime, start preparingAdditional ingredients. Nuts burn in an oven or on a dry frying pan, then gently clean from the film and lightly grind in a mortar. Dried apricots for 20 minutes with warm water, and after soaking, cut into small pieces.
- After complete dissolution of the sugar crystalsAdd to the berry mass prepared nuts and dried fruits. Thoroughly mix the mixture until smooth and spread into dry sterilized jars. The neck of each container is covered with a double layer of parchment (can be replaced with thick paper) and tied with a strong thread.
- In this form, jam can be stored in a refrigerator for about 2-3 months.