How to eat properly and foods that should be excluded from the diet.
By the way, under the diet is not meantShort-term rejection of certain products, and the general principle of nutrition, which must be adhered to throughout life. This is especially true for people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
Despite the strict diet for diabetics, the list of food that can be consumed is quite extensive. For convenience, we will divide it into several categories.
- In unlimited quantities you can useRaw vegetables, rich in fiber, since they have a lot of water. Carrots, beets, cabbage, cucumbers and tomatoes can be eaten as much as you like, here are also mushrooms. But with potatoes you need to be more careful.
- Tea and coffee should be drunk without sugar. And for the preparation of other beverages you need to use low-calorie sugar substitutes.
- Meat and dairy products can only be eaten fat-free. But in this case, their use is strictly controlled. Similarly, it is worth to do with bread, cheese and legumes.
And now about prohibitions
As you can see from the list given above, the dietWith diabetes mellitus may not be as terrible as it might seem at first glance. But it is still worth taking into account and, if possible, exclude (or at least limit the use) some food. What you can not eat with diabetes:
- Butter, sour cream, cream and cottage cheese with a high percentage of fat
- Mayonnaise, margarine and any animal fats
- Nuts and seeds
- Smoked products and by-products (liver, kidneys, lungs, heart)
- Completely excluded from the diet of confectionery and sweet drinks. In most cases, you have to completely abandon alcohol.
Create a menu
We give only a small example of a diet,Which you can create yourself. In brackets near each dish, the percentage of the total amount of food calculated per day will be indicated. The main rule for such food is often, but not enough. Example diet for diabetes:
Breakfast. Oat porridge on the water. You can replace buckwheat (25%).
The second breakfast usually takes place two hours after the first meal. Eat 100 grams of low-fat cottage cheese (15%).
Dinner. For a side dish, prepare a vegetable stew, again on the water. You can supplement it with a chicken cutlet or boiled meat and have a snack of vinaigrette (30%).
The snack starts after three hours from lunch. For him, perfectly fit any fruit (10%).
Dinner is best spent five hours before bedtime. You can cook an omelet or boil (put out) fish with vegetables (20%).
An hour before sleep, if you are experiencing a strong feeling of hunger, you can drink a glass of milk or kefir.
Some recommendations of doctors
Diabetics are very important constantlyTo control the level of sugar in the blood. Therefore, if you plan to diversify your diet with some new product, be sure to do an analysis after that to know for sure that the new food will not do harm.
Some do not represent their lives withoutSweet, and diabetes mellitus becomes for them a real torture. Fortunately, in current stores you can buy cookies, and even chocolate sweets for diabetics based on fructose.
As diabetics themselves say, disease is not a sentence, but rather a way of life. Therefore, adhering to a diet and using physical exertion, you can stay in great shape for a long time.