Recipe Salad with dried apricots and wild rice
Raisins, dried apricots and wild rice This salad is excellentSuitable for decorating a festive table, and for daily consumption of those who want to lose weight, without depriving the body of nutrients. Salad from wild rice with dried apricots and raisins is good because it does not require a long standing at the stove, and its appearance and taste cause only positive emotions. Although, if you for the first time decided to use wild rice, then its appearance may slightly shock you, because it does not look like ordinary grain. Yes, this is not rice at all, but the fruits of marsh grass growing in the USA and Canada, having a dark, almost black color and a long elongated shape. Wild rice is cooked much longer than white, but it is not necessary to soak it, so as not to lose many nutrients. You can look for supermarkets with a mixture of wild and white rice, if you do not dare to prepare a salad with this unknown product for you. In such mixtures, wild rice is pre-treated so that it is cooked for the same amount of time as white. The benefits of the dried apricot included in the salad can not be mentioned. Everyone knows that this dried fruit is useful for the heart and blood vessels, it is nutritious and preserves almost all the vitamins contained in fresh apricots. The same praiseworthy ode can be sung and raisins. In general, this salad should at least once try.
- Rice mixture 300 g
- Light raisins 100 g
- Dried apricots 150 g
- Onion purple 1 pc.
- Butter 10 g
- Walnut 50 g
- Olive oil 30 ml
- Salt 1 pinch
- Step 1 To make a salad, you can take wild rice or a mixture of rice, as well as dried apricots, raisins, walnuts and red onions. Rice boil until cooked.
- Step 2 Raisins pour firmly brewed tea with bergamot and leave for 10-20 minutes.
- Step 3 Fry the walnuts in a dry frying pan.
- Step 4 Cut dried apricots and onion into long strips.
- Step 5 Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the onions until transparent, then add the dried apricots and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Step 6 Put the fried onions with dried apricots, add rice, nuts and raisins, which must first be wrung out. All fill with olive oil and salt to taste.