Kasha in the oven Millet has ceased to be popularCroup, and very few people use it, but I want to share one amazing dish, which my grandmother was cooking in a Russian stove. It's about the foie gras - a steep millet porridge, which can not be cooked in any other way, except in a stove or oven. In hot form, this porridge has a dense creamy consistency with a stunning smell of melted milk and tasty ruddy foams. You can cut a cold penny as a pie. Actually, in former times, the foxtail was often cooked to have breakfast or dinner, and to bring the leftovers to the field or to another job for a snack.
- Groats plum 1 tbsp.
- Milk 1 l
- Sugar 4 tbsp. L.
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Butter 70 g
- Step 1 We need the following ingredients to prepare the mushroom: high-fat milk (at least 3.5%), millet, sugar, salt, butter.
- Step 2 Millet is rinsed repeatedly, rubbingCroup in the palms, until the water is completely transparent. We beat the cereals with boiling water and immediately drain the water. With such preparation of millet, the dish will never be bitter, which many are afraid of using this grain.
- Step 3 Take a wide and low capacitanceSufficient volume (frying pan, baking dish or saucepan). Pour the milk and dissolve the sugar and salt. The amount of sugar can be placed according to taste, depending on how much you like the sweet porridge.
- Step 4 Put in the cold milk millet and pieces of butter. As you know, you can not spoil the porridge with oil! To the edge of the mold should remain at least 3 cm.
- Step 5 Put the form in the oven, heated to 200 ° C, to the lower level and bake the foie gras for about 2 hours. To watch the oven is not necessary, millet, swelling, keeps the milk, and it does not run away.
- Step 6 The ready foxtail looks like a ruddy, densePie, but the hot consistency is very tender, resembling a thick cream. When serving, you can add more oil, and even more delicious, with milk. Cold penny is also good with milk, but already as a cereal pie.