Salo Recipe in Onion Skins
"Smoked" fat The product cooked by thisWay, looks like smoked bacon, but has a specific taste. Prepare it by boiling in a saline solution with the addition of onion peel and spices. Ready fat is well cooled, rubbed with garlic, wrapped in foil, put in a freezer and aged for 3 to 7 days. It should be borne in mind that boiled salted fat should not be cut immediately after it is taken out of the freezer, otherwise it will crumble. Allow him to lie down for a while at room temperature.
- Fat is fresh 1000 g
- Water 1 l
- Salt 150 g
- Peeled onion 10 g
- Sugar 1 tbsp. L.
- Garlic 2 head
- Pepper black with peas 10 pcs.
- Bay leaf 2 pcs.
- Pepper red ground 0.5 tsp.
- Step 1 To prepare the product, takeFresh fat of small thickness, stone table salt without additives, water, onion husks, sugar, garlic, black peppercorns, bay leaves and red pepper.
- Step 2 Pour water into the pan, put the onion husks, sugar, salt, pepper (red and black) and bay leaf.
- Step 3 Bring the solution to a boil and put the fat into it.
- Step 4 Boil the fat on low heat for 1 hour, then remove from heat and leave in this brine for a day.
- Step 5 Peel the garlic cloves from the dry shell and finely chop or pass through the press.
- Step 6 Remove the fat from the brine and dry it.
- Step 7 Wipe the fat thoroughly on all sides with garlic, place in a bag and leave for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Step 8 Turn each piece of fat into a foil and place in a freezer.
- Step 9 Before use, let the lard lay downSome time at room temperature (so as not to crumble when cutting), remove excess garlic and cut into thin slices. Serve with horseradish or mustard.