Recipe: Baked duck with crispy crust
Duck with crust Festive baked duck onThis recipe is very delicious - under the roasted ruddy crispy and mouth-watering crust hide the most delicate duck meat! Knowing a few secrets of cooking ducks, you can easily cook a bird, from which it will be impossible to tear yourself away! The process of cooking, however, is somewhat delayed in time - but the result is worth it! Garnish can be served with mashed potatoes, buckwheat porridge or crumbly rice!
- Duck 2000 g
- Salt 1 tbsp. L.
- Honey 1 tbsp. L.
- Pepper black ground 0.5 tsp.
- Boiled water 4 l
- Step 1 To prepare a duck with a crispy crustWe need a gutted, washed and well prepared duck (weighing about 2 kg), liquid honey, salt, just boiling water, black pepper.
- Step 2 The duck needs to be well prepared in advanceThe cooking process: cut off excess fat, wash and, if necessary, pull out the remains of feathers with tweezers. Then take a large deep bowl and put a carcass of duck into it.
- Step 3 It is also necessary in advance to boil a largeThe amount of water, about 4 liters. We water the duck with about half the boiling water. Water should be poured slowly, in a thin trickle, the water should not enter into the water, only water the skin, gradually turning the duck, so that the skin is evenly scalded. This procedure can be done over the sink. Scalding the duck with boiling water is necessary to ensure that the pores on the duck skin are closed and then a crusty crust turns out.
- Step 4 Put the scalded duck on a clean cloth or waffle towel, wipe it dry, shift it to the grate and leave it to dry for about 30 minutes.
- Step 5 Again water the duck with boiling water, like thisIs described in step 3 (the remaining water should be brought back to the boil, because it will cool down by this time, but it is boiling water!). Scalded duck again wiped dry, and laying on the bars, leave for another 30 minutes.
- Step 6 After a lapse of 30 minutes duck generously rubbed with salt (not forgetting to salt slightly and inside the carcass). Leave for another 30 minutes.
- Step 7 Shaking off excess salt from the duck, often pierce the duck skin with a toothpick. Particular attention should be paid to places where there is a lot of subcutaneous fat.
- Step 8 We wrap the legs and wings in foil.
- Step 9 Lay the duck breast down on the grill andPut the oven in the preheated to 150 C on the bottom. By the way, under the bottom of the grill with a duck, you need to put a baking tray to collect fat, and it's better to cover it with foil, so that the baking tray is easier to clean later. So, bake about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Step 10 After an hour and a half the duckweed will change sufficiently - change the color and let loose enough fat. After increasing the temperature in the oven to 170 C and bake another 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Step 11 After an hour, the temperature in the oven is increased to 190 C, turn the duck on the back, lift the grate to the top and bake another 25 minutes.
- Step 12 Mix honey, 0.5 tsp. Salt, black pepper, 2 tbsp. L. Hot water until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Lubricate the duck on one side honey marinade, bake for 5 minutes. Then we turn the duck again, again lubricate the honey mixture and prepare another 5 minutes.
- Step 13 The baked duck with a crispy crust is ready! Serve immediately to the table, hot and with garnish!