Recipe Kissel from dried apricots
Sunny drink Soon winter. So few sunny days at this time. Pleasure yourself and your children with this sunny drink. Dried apricots - the so-called dried fruits of the apricot, saturated with solar energy. Probably, therefore, dried apricots of such sunny-yellow color. This dried fruit in the kitchen is simply irreplaceable! Dried apricots are used as a separate dish, as a dessert, it is added to salads and pastries. Have you tried rice with dried apricots? And what a shade fish and meat get in the company with dried apricots! Dried apricots and other dried fruits are excellent ingredients for a healthy drink called a Uzvar. Today we will prepare a jelly from these sunny fruits. The boiled fruits will give into the infusion vitamins and decorate the drink.
- Dried apricots 50 g
- Water 400 ml
- Potato starch 2 tsp.
- Sugar 2 tbsp. L.
- Lemon 1 pc.
- Step 1 To prepare the jelly, we need the fruits of dried apricots, sugar, potato starch, water, lemon.
- Step 2 Cut the dried apricots into strips. 6 pieces left for decoration whole.
- Step 3 Pour the dried apricots with boiling water. Add the sugar. Boil. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Step 4 At this time in cold boiled water dilute potato starch.
- Step 5 In a thin trickle pour the starchy water into the broth with dried apricots, stirring all the time. Cook for 5 minutes. For a minute to throw in kissel a couple of lemon slices for taste.
- Step 6 Remove from heat. Cool down. Serve warm. Decorate with a slice of lemon and cooked fruits dried apricots in sugar on skewers.