Carrot soup with ginger and cinnamon
Soup for sight and sunburn! Carrots are a storehouse of vitamins and minerals! From carotene contained in carrots, our body produces vitamin A, which serves us to maintain a good vision, and even for a beautiful tan! Carrots were brought to Europe by the Arabs in the 12th century, and since then it has become an integral part of our diet - we could not imagine borscht or cabbage soup without carrots, and the roast would not be so jolly! This time we will prepare a carrot cream soup - the dish is very light and bright. Ginger and cinnamon will add oriental notes and piquancy to this soup, and its bright orange color will please us on a cold autumn day!
- Carrot 5 pcs.
- Bay leaf 3 pcs.
- Fresh ginger 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon ground 1 tsp.
- Olive oil 2 tbsp. L.
- Broth of vegetable 500 ml
- White onion 1 pc.
- Ground nutmeg 1 tsp.
- Step 1 To make soup, you will need 4-5 medium carrots, onions, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and vegetable broth.
- Step 2 Peel the carrots and cut into small cubes.
- Step 3 Cut the onions finely and put in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Step 4 Add the carrots and mix well. Stew on high heat for several minutes.
- Step 5 Add broth, nutmeg, cinnamon and grated ginger, and cook until cooked with the lid closed. The amount of spices you can vary according to taste.
- Step 6 When the carrot has become soft, take out the bay leaf, place the mixture in a combine and ground until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 7 Pour the mashed potatoes into a clean pan and add the remaining broth. The soup is ready!