Recipe Crostata with orange jam
Italian cake Crostata (Crostata) -Italian pie, made from short dough and fruit filling. The word "crozat" means "covered with a crust", and in fact it is! The dough for this cake is very flexible and soft, and when baked, it forms an appetizing crust. Filling for the crustate can be any - from fresh fruit to fruit jam. This time we will prepare a mushroom with orange jam and cinnamon. Her spicy notes pleasantly complement a good mug of black tea and an orange slice!
- Flour, wheat 300 g
- Butter 150 g
- Eggs chicken 2 pcs.
- Sugar 130 g
- Lemon 1 pc.
- Cinnamon ground 1 tsp.
- Jam 300 ml
- Step 1 To prepare the crocodile, you will need flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon, lemon zest, eggs and orange jam.
- Step 2 Mash chilled butter with sugar.
- Step 3 Add the flour and cinnamon, knead the dough.
- Step 4 Break 2 yolks and mix into dough.
- Step 5 Finally, add the grated lemon zest.
- Step 6 Form a ball from the dough and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Step 7 Grease the baking dish (I have 20 cm). Spread half the dough and flatten it with your fingers. The dough is very soft and easily creased.
- Step 8 Put the jam and flatten.
- Step 9 Close the top of the other layer of dough, closing all the holes.
- Step 10 Bake in the oven at 200 ° C (static mode) or 180 ° C (convection) to a crispy crust, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into slices and serve.