Pate from the East Hummus - one of the most famousDishes of the Middle East, now popular all over the world. Hummus is a pate with a creamy texture of chickpeas, turkey peas. This dish has a lot of advantages: high nutritional value, low caloric content, possibility of serving as a snack and as a sauce, not to mention a unique taste. Traditionally, hummus is made from chickpeas with the addition of tahini, butter, lemon juice and garlic paste. Currently, due to its wide distribution in hummus add a variety of ingredients: sweet pepper, walnuts or pine nuts, spinach, etc. Also in European countries chickpeas are often replaced with other legumes, keeping the principle of cooking. In the Middle Eastern countries, hummus is eaten with pita - fresh bread with a "pocket", which they draw hummus instead of a spoon. You can sprinkle hummus spices and parsley. If you do not have tahini (sesame paste), prepare it from a glass of dried sesame seeds, ground in a blender to uniformity with 2 tablespoons of nut or any vegetable oil without a smell.
- Chickpeas (Turkish peas) 1 tbsp.
- Sesame pasta Tahini 3 tbsp. L.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice. L.
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Peanut oil 2 tbsp. L.
- Paprika sweet ground 1 tsp.
- Parsley fresh 2 sprigs
- Step 1 For humus, we need the following ingredients: chickpeas, tahini, garlic, peanut butter, garlic, lemon juice, as well as sweet paprika and parsley.
- Step 2 The chickpea must be soaked for 6-12 hours, the sodden chickpea drastically increases in volume.
- Step 3 Cook the chickpeas without salt to the state whereThe pea will be easily crushed by fingers in mashed potatoes. Usually it takes 1.5-2 hours. Before the end of cooking, chickpea salt to taste. We express the water, but do not pour out.
- Step 4 If you have a powerful combine, you can immediately turn peas into puree, otherwise you will have to peel the pea from the surface film, otherwise hummus will be very large.
- Step 5 Add to the chickpeas paste tahini paste, squeezed garlic, lemon juice and again we rub everything to homogeneity. If the mass is very thick, you can add a little liquid in which the chickpea cooked.
- Step 6 Pour into the mass of peanut butter (you can also use olive or other), knead it to smoothness. Hummus is ready.
- Step 7 When filing hummus, pour peanut butter, sprinkle with a small amount of paprika and finely chopped parsley. We serve with pita.