Fruit jam with sour apples
Piwidlo without sugar Diabetic patientsAre forced to deny themselves in the sweet preparations of fruits and berries with sugar. But jam, jam, jam and other canned foods can be prepared with such sugar substitutes as xylitol or sorbitol. The principle of preparation of the proposed jam for diabetics is practically the same as cooking canned sugar, but xylitol or sorbitol should be taken significantly less in weight.
- Apple 1300 g
- Water 125 ml
- Xylitol 100 g
- Sorbitol 150 g
- Step 1 To prepare the jam, you need to take sour apples (better grade "White Fill"), xylitol or sorbitol (to choose from) and water.
- Step 2 Wash the apples, peel off, remove the seeds and cut into small slices. The weight of the peeled apples should be 1 kg.
- Step 3 Put the apples in the cooking container and pour in the water.
- Step 4 Cover the pan with a lid and, with stirring, put out the apples until soft.
- Step 5 Hot apples wipe through a sieve or colander with small cells.
- Step 6 Pour the mashed potatoes back into the cooking container and add xylitol or sorbitol.
- Step 7 Stir the mass, put it back on the stove andBring the contents to a boil with continuous stirring. Cooking should be done in one reception, periodically removing the foam. Duration of cooking - 30-35 minutes from the boiling point of the mass.
- Step 8 Prepack the finished product in glass jars, cover with boiled tin lids and sterilize in boiling water: with a capacity of 0.5 liters - 20 minutes, 1 liter - 25 minutes, and then cork.