Recipe Cookies from sweet potato "Spicy"
- Sweet potatoes - 450 Grams
- Buttermilk - 1/3 Cups
- Flour - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 1 st. a spoon
- Of sugar - 3 st. Spoons
- Ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg - 1/4 teaspoons
- Ground ginger - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Ground cloves - 1/8 teaspoons
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoonfuls
- Chilled butter - 5 Art. Spoons
- Mini marshmallow marshmallow - 1 cup (optional)
1. Prepare sweet potatoes the day before or a couple of hours in advance. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Lay the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and bake until soft, from 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to cool completely, then clean and mix the potatoes to a consistency of puree. You should have about 3/4 cups of mashed potatoes. 2. Preheat the oven again to 200 degrees. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Beat the mashed potatoes with buttermilk. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, spices and salt together. 3. Add chopped butter and mix with a dough cutter or fingers until the mixture looks like a large crumb. Add the potato mixture and mix. Carefully knead the dough. 4. If you use marshmallows: put the dough on a floured surface, roll out 1 cm thick and split in half. Sprinkle half the dough with marshmallow. 5. Cover with the second half of the dough and, using a rolling pin, gently combine both halves of the dough together, so that the final thickness of the dough is 2.5 cm. If you do not use marshmallows: put the dough on a floured surface and roll to 2.5 cm thick 6. Using a cookie cutter or cutter cut a round cookie with a diameter of 5 cm. 7. Bake the cookies on a prepared baking sheet from 13 to 15 minutes until golden. Cool on the counter.